Ticket box shows, but with no tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket box shows, but with no tickets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jamesfarley
    Participant

As title, I have the Eventbrite plugin setup, imported events with no problem. The ticket box displays, but doesn’t show any tickets available to purchase.
    Using UK Eventbrite site (have changed functions.php as instructed), and Eventbrite event is live with tickets available.

Example : http://s179284.gridserver.com/event/lowlight-and-seascapes-at-the-anglesey-photographic-academy-evening/
    Corresponding Event : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lowlight-and-seascapes-at-the-anglesey-photographic-academy-evening-tickets-10309831985

electricinteractive
    Participant

Having exactly the same problem here – must be the plugin.
    Help us out please, Tribe? We have to rely on this plugin for all of our ticket sales, so we can’t afford for it to stop working.
    Thanks

Janet Hawks
    Participant

We are having the problem too. Interestingly, it still seemed to work on our mobile sites.

We think it may be an api change and are testing a potential fix by adding &v=2 to the calls to http://www.eventbrite.com/tickets-external?eid=<3id>&ref=etckt&v=2

existing code doesn’t have the v=2

polepositionmkg
    Participant
    Kelly
    Participant

Hi, folks! Thanks very much for reporting this issue.

Yes, this looks like a change in the Eventbrite API, and we’re seeing it locally. We’re hoping to get a snippet for you all ASAP that can help workaround.

Please stay tuned! 🙂

Janet Hawks
    Participant

Update, the change I posted earlier is working for us (had about 5 places we found the call that we made the change) but we have some minor formatting issues now, but not losing sales. I’m sure the official snippet/patch will fix this more elegantly.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, again! We’ve worked up a snippet which seems to resolve the issue in our testing.

Please add this to your theme’s functions.php file:

http://pastebin.com/9mamHHTN

Also, as this is a temporary stopgap measure, please make a note of where you put it. For good housekeeping purposes, you’ll want to remove this once we get a fix rolled into our plugin.

Thanks! 🙂

electricinteractive
    Participant

This seems to have fixed it. Thanks for getting back to us so quickly Kelly, your help is much appreciated.

Raj
    Participant

Yes thanks so much for promptly providing the code to fix this issue. I hope in the future EventBrite will notify you guys before they make similar changes.

Thanks, the fix worked for me too. Will we be notified when the fix is released?

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

I’m having this issue too and have 3 members of my sales team jumping up an down as we ARE loosing sales!

I’ve alerted our eventbrite rep and if we can add any power to your elbow to get this completed faster we will do so.

Is their an ETA On update deployment?

paliradu
    Participant

It looks like it started working again for us without doing anything. Wondering if Eventbrite rolled back whatever they’ve done to their API

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

they did, we got a notification from our account manager there last yesterday.

Kelly
    Participant

Wow! That’s great to hear, jonathanhaswell.

On the other hand, we managed to sneak in the fix to our latest update that released yesterday afternoon. If you update to version 3.4, you should be able to remove the code snippet and have things back to normal.

Thanks for your patience while we got things straightened out! Also, thanks for reaching out to Eventbrite. If they have any suggestions for us on how to be notified before they make changes like this in the future, we’d be most grateful!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket box shows, but with no tickets’ is closed to new replies.