Tickets Disappear if Event Edited by Another User

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Tickets Disappear if Event Edited by Another User

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

We have Events Calendar with the EventBrite Ticket Plugin. As of the last upgrade, any event that is edited by another user in WordPress drops the ticket payment portion. Users cannot register. The details, venue, organizer and map still appear, but no tickets. If we re-add tickets in either eventbrite or in the plugin app, it creates a duplicate event. Please help asap – we’ve lost registration capabilities for all of our events.

Barry

I’m sorry you’ve experienced difficulties here.

That definitely seems like a bug and I can certainly replicate exactly what you have described: I’m going to file a report so that we can get this fixed. In the meantime, as a temporary workaround, would it be possible for you to ensure that the Eventbrite API key is registered in the user profiles of all users that might edit the event?

Thanks Barry. I checked all users and all have the API key in their profile, so that didn’t seem to be an issue. In the meantime we recreated all of the events and won’t let anyone else touch them until we hear back. Thank you.

Barry

Thanks for the update:

I checked all users and all have the API key in their profile, so that didn’t seem to be an issue.

That is definitely different to what I am seeing and I cannot replicate that – so long as the users have the very same API key then there is no issue when they edit events. Can you confirm they are indeed identical (I’d just like to be sure as this might change the shape of how we proceed here).

Thanks!

Hi Again – I only have three users and I went and double checked each and the API keys were the same. I just went in and copied and pasted the API key to each user profile again and retested… it again removed the ticket on the bottom but still retained the details and organizer info… http://berkshirerealtors.net/event/teststaff-outreach-social/

Barry

Thanks for clarifying.

I asked a colleague to test this out on their own installation and, like me, they found so long as the user editing the event has the same API key as the original author then the connection with Eventbrite (and the related form) remained.

One possibility then is a conflict – deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default, unmodified theme then repeating the test would be a good way to isolate such an eventuality.

Another possibility is that you / the users who are editing these events are doing something notably different to what we have tried. If the above steps don’t reveal anything can you detail exactly what process you/they are following (down to the detail of noting what is actually being edited).

Last but not least, in addition to both of the above, can you post your system information as detailed in the Events → Help admin screen?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi: it’s been a while without an update so I’m hoping you resolved this and will go ahead and close this thread. Of course if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our 3.5 release but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets Disappear if Event Edited by Another User’ is closed to new replies.