Transitioning calendar from plug in to standalone site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Transitioning calendar from plug in to standalone site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alleywatch
    Participant

Hello,

Love the product but it has been causing some conflict with other plugins. My site has heavy traffic and rather than diagnosis the cause of the problem i would prefer to move the installation to a separate dedicated site exclusively for events. are there any tips on how best to accomplish this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi, I can help you out with this.

If you are planning on moving the entire Events Calendar and want to keep all your events, settings, etc,  you could copy your site. Then in the new Event Only site remove all the plugins you do not need.

On the first site you could then remove all the Events Calendar Plugins and links.

This plugin called Duplicator may help with the coping of your site.

Duplicator – WordPress Migration Plugin

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Note: I moved this Topic to the Events Pro Forum as you are a registered user.

alleywatch
    Participant

I think it may be also advantageous to start with a fresh install of events calendar pro. is there a way i an export my existing settings and data and then import those into the new calendar?

Brian
    Keymaster

There is no way to transfer the settings without using the method I described, but you can use WordPress’s Export and Import to transfer the Events, Venues, and Organizers. However, if you only transfer one type of content(events) and not all of it(including,posts,pages, etc.) the Featured Images do not transfer. That is a limitation from the WordPress Export and Import.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Transitioning calendar from plug in to standalone site’ is closed to new replies.