Translation problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translation problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    madsamundsen
    Participant

Hi! I’ve translated my plugin to norwegian using the translation file. I wasn’t really happy with all the translations there (for instance I’d like “events” to be translated to “arrangementer” and not “aktiviteter”, which rather means “activities”), so I made some changes in the .po file, using poedit to get it the way i wanted. Unfortunately that didn’t work too well; the words in the original Norwegian translation file is still showing on my site. Everything seems right in the .po file, so poedit isn’t the problem.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong here?

Leah

Hi madsamundsen,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help you figure this out. Can you confirm for me what versions of each plugin you’re running, and also which Norwegian translation you’re using (we have two). The previous versions of them were damaged, so it’s possible that because you used the damaged files they are not working. If you can tell me what translation you’re using, I can hopefully give you a fixed, updated file. However, you would need to make your changes in it again.

Best,

Leah

madsamundsen
    Participant

Hi Leah,
    thanks for your response. I’m running The Events Calendar v. 3.5.1, and The Events Calendar PRO v. 3.5.2. The Norwegian translation file i’m using is called “tribe-events-calendar-pro-nb_NO.po”, downloaded on february 6th this year (but I don’t remember exactly where i downloaded it). It’s the Norwegian Bokmål (not the Norwegian Nynorsk) i’m using.

Mads

Leah

Hi Mads,

Thanks for the information. I’ve uploaded the fixed nb_NO files for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO here. Can you try making the changes you want in those files, and see if that works? Hopefully that will correct the issue. Make sure that you put the fixed files in the /lang folder for each plugin and replace the previous nb_NO files.

Best,

Leah

madsamundsen
    Participant

Yes, that solved the issue! Thanks 😀

Leah

Awesome! I’m so glad to hear it.

Cheers,

Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation problem’ is closed to new replies.