tribe-events-pg-template VS tribe-events-page-template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe-events-pg-template VS tribe-events-page-template

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vendaragroup
    Participant

Our events (listing) page is using the tribe-events-page-template and the single event page is using the tribe-events-pg-template.
    The “page-template” does not include the footer within the container, whereas the pg-template does. So the footer isn’t styling correctly on the listing page.
    This shows the wrong footer: http://pulsespeeddating.com/events/
    This shows the desired footer: http://pulsespeeddating.com/event/testing-new-plugin/
    I can’t sort out where this would be calling the different template from- can you help me figure out how to make sure the pg-template is applied to the Events page? Thanks!

Barry

Hi, I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties here – it looks like the tags are unbalanced. Can you confirm if you have made any customizations? Certainly your main events view doesn’t look quite as I’d normally expect. If so, does removing or temporarily disabling your customizations resolve the problem?

vendaragroup
    Participant

I’ve spent hours commenting out and eliminating customizations and nothing changes the footer result. I’ve made a screencast to show you: http://www.screencast.com/t/evypMaUTm

There seems to be a conflict between how the content is displayed in the Default and Single Event templates- and I’m wondering if it has to do with the Additional fields declared in the functions.php of the template (as instructed previously here)

Any help would be appreciated, I’m truly driving myself crazy with this. I’ll put in FTP details in a private reply following this.

vendaragroup
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK. What I’d recommend, rather than trying to comment out the customizations, is disabling them completely and restoring the default templates – then check to see if the problem occurs under those conditions.

Honestly, I’m very reluctant to troubleshoot further with your custom templates in effect – they are structured in a pretty unusual way (in fact, it isn’t valid HTML) and I strongly suspect that is the root of this problem. Looking at this code, for example, which I pulled straight from one of the affected event pages on your site:

• After the table element opens you’ve got some div elements … though these are allowed within tables they have to be contained in something other than the “root” table element, such as a table cell (td element)
    • Looking further down another table opens within the same table (table#event-listing-venue) – nothing wrong with that as such, but that inner table never closes
    • There are then some closing div tags – my guess is they are intended to close the divs opened at the top of the table – but the browser can’t match them up because we’re still inside the inner table, which never closed

I hope those notes are useful – it definitely looks to me like the issue is with the structure of your custom templates and I don’t see anything to suggest the same problem would occur with our own default templates.

vendaragroup
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve been on vacation, sorry for the delay.
    Yes, there was definitely something wrong with the customizations, that is why I sought support here. And no, this doesn’t happen with the default templates… that is why we had to customize 🙂 I was basing this on other support offered on the forum as well as reply to another question.
    It was the table layout and your notes here helped me to fix it. Thanks so much!

Barry

No problem, I’m really glad you got things sorted 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to open new threads as needed and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Last but not least, we’re always interested in hearing your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our review page, so if you have a moment to spare and wanted to share some thoughts on how your experience has been we’d love to hear from you. Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe-events-pg-template VS tribe-events-page-template’ is closed to new replies.