Turn off auto-scrolling on google maps

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Turn off auto-scrolling on google maps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was wondering how I go about turning off the auto scrolling for the Google imbedded map. I want to set it so that when users scroll down the page they don’t set off the map scrolling at the same time. Do you know what I’m trying to say? Sorry if this is unclear.

Simon
    Participant

I’d like to know this too if possible.

Rob

Hey guys. Interesting question; not sure about whether this is doable myself (I’d imagine so), but let me see if Jonah has any ideas when he hits the forums later this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Robert, not sure about the answer to this one either. I’ll need to ask one of the other devs. Stay tuned.

Henry

i hate it when i come across a Google map, want to scroll down the webpage as a whole only to find that my blasted Google map zooms-in upon scroll.

i’ve worked with Google maps before and it is certainly do able. Are you using a mapping plugin? or are you embedding Google maps yourself?

You just have to add scrollwheel: false to mapOptions when initialising the map.

For example

http://pastie.org/3701210

Robert
    Participant

Hi Henry,
    It’s not a separate plugin but the google maps function on the events plugin itself.
    Really appreciate the help. I’ll give it a try and let you know the result.

Robert
    Participant

The fix is really easy, thanks Henry!
    For others with this issue.
    Locate the plugin file: the-events-calendar/admin-views/event-map.php
    Add the line: scrollwheel: false,
    Save and you’re done. Check out the pastebin below to see exactly where to add the code.
    http://pastebin.com/weSav9UD

Timothy
    Participant

Works like a charm! This was bugging me too! thanks for posting the solution.

Henry

Glad it worked :}

Rob

Thank you Henry!

jrtoy4311
    Participant

i’m updated and don’t see that file…event-map.php is it now somewhere else?

Barry

This is a comparatively old thread – while they’re definitely worth reviewing it’s normally best to create a fresh thread of your own if you need further help since, typically, things have changed the answer is often slightly different.

Please do check out our Themer’s Guide in the first instance, though, and if you still require help after that we’ll be happy to assist 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Turn off auto-scrolling on google maps’ is closed to new replies.