Unable to Update 3.4 to 3.5.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to Update 3.4 to 3.5.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sanver
    Participant

Dear Support Team,
    After getting your release notes and update notifications emails we try to updates all tribe plugins from wordpress dash board we are not able to do this also we are getting this error in license tab we see that all license key’s are not validated and this message

interludio
    Participant

Same here guys,
    unable update to 3.5.1 from 3.5…… and error in license key
    Please help

Barry

Hi Sanver,

Unfortunately it looks like the actual message didn’t make it into your post: what I’d recommend in this case though (for you too, Interludio) is grabbing our latest releases from the Downloads Page and updating manually.

Depending on the actual error you are seeing it may also help to visit the License Key management page and clearing any entries in there – then re-entering your licenses from your own WordPress sites.

Let me know if that helps πŸ™‚

interludio
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I was able to do the upgrade to version 3.5.1. but under the License tab I have written in red:
    “Sorry, this key is out of installs.”
    What does this mean? My account is valid until Oct 23 2014 in https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/license-keys/

Moreover in all pages of admin WP there is this text:
    “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.4. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

But now the plugin is update !
    Can you help me before it drive me crazy?
    Thanks,

interludio
    Participant

Ok, please tell me if what I’l say is right.
    I have bought Event Calendar PRO some months ago.
    I haven’t do the install by myself (my developer do it) and I don’t know what happens when install the plugin.
    In plugin page I have two plugin:
    The Event Calendar
    The Event Calendar PRO

Is this right? Namely, is right to have two plugin? Perhaps because the PRO version is only an add-on? Or there is an error?

If it’s right, I was able to update The Event Calendar (not pro) to the version 3.5.1, but the plugin The Event Calendar PRO still at version 3.4 (and there are no requests for upgrade).

So, why the alert: β€œThe following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.4. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

???

sanver
    Participant

My update issue is resolved and also the license key.

Barry

Excellent, glad you got there. Just in case it helps others though I’ll answer some of the questions you raised earlier.

Is this right? Namely, is right to have two plugin? Perhaps because the PRO version is only an add-on?

Exactly so: Events Calendar PRO builds on (and depends on) The Events Calendar, so both should be activated and they should also be the same branch (ie, version 3.5.x for both, where the x part doesn’t really matter).

If they are on different branches, ie The Events Calendar is 3.5.x and Events Calendar PRO is 3.4.x, which might happen if your license key has expired / is out of installs and you can’t update, you will definitely see the warning you quoted.

What does this mean? My account is valid until Oct 23 2014 in https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/license-keys/

There are a few reasons this might happen. A common example is changing the domain name – however you can always visit the license key page you linked to and clear our existing licenses, then reuse them.

I hope that clarifies things and I’m glad you sorted everything out πŸ™‚

interludio
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    thanks for your kind feedback.
    Perhaps the URL is the mistake. Last months I change the URL (it’s only a redirect change but perhaps it doesn’t like to your plugin…), so: How can I change the URL?
    I have entered into the License Key page and I disconnected the URL, but there is no way to put in the new one ….
    Do I have to download the new version, install it on the site and then put back the key? This will delete all events currently in the old?

interludio
    Participant

– update –
    I don’t know how but today the plugin page in WP alert me about the new version 3.5.2 for Events Calendar PRO…
    I have update the add-on and now all works fine.
    In license-keys page now the URL has been updated by itself (automatically).

All of these only because I have disconnected the previous URL?

Barry

Sorry we missed your updates – unfortunately we are not notified when someone other than the original poster updates a thread.

Quite some time has passed at this point so I’m going to go ahead and close the thread – but if you do still need help please do create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to Update 3.4 to 3.5.1’ is closed to new replies.