Upcoming (List) not working, only calendar view

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Upcoming (List) not working, only calendar view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am using a template that you guys seem to support, and simply adding new events but it’s not showing anything under “List” view.

http://greenvillefirst.net/gf14/events/upcoming/

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Our plugin is compatible with most themes however there are many variables that could potentially cause a conflict. For this issue, have you tried following our Testing for Conflicts procedures to see if this is a potential conflict with the theme or maybe another plugin?

Let me know how the testing goes.

Thanks!

Mark

Switching to the Twenty Thirteen theme showed the events in the list. Deactivating the plugins and going one by one made no difference. So apparently it’s the theme, however, the theme seems to use it just fine in demo. (http://church-event.vamtam.com/events/upcoming/)

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mark,

Thanks for following up with us. Sorry for the delayed response! Must’ve been a little hiccup on the notification for your response.

The theme may have files (following the structure of our Themer’s Guide) that are replacing the core files for custom display purposes. Occasionally these files will need to be updated as the plugin is updated. As a potential solution, you can check with the theme developer to see if they have verified that their theme has been updated to support the latest version of our plugin (3.7).

If the theme developer notices that the conflict is arising from something that we’re doing in our codebase that goes against WordPress best practices, we’ll be happy to look at a solution and update the plugin for future release. Unfortunately, there isn’t much more that we can do to support issues arising from theme conflicts.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mark

I’ve noticed you’ve marked the previous response as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming (List) not working, only calendar view’ is closed to new replies.