Update fail

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update fail

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Deborah Gump
    Participant

I’m getting this message when I try to update:
    The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.4. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?
    I’ve seen a similar problem asked and apparently answered, but I don’t see an answer that helps me. My Events Calendar 3.5.1 is not asking for an update, and my Events Calendar Category Colors, now 3.4.10, updated just fine. What do I need to do?

usapowerlifting
    Participant

I am having the same: “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.4. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?” How do you pair?

Leah

Hi deborahgumo and usapowerlifting,

We recently released an update for all our plugins, including Events Calendar PRO. We also released a hotfix for PRO, so the current version of PRO is 3.5.1. You are seeing that error message because your version of PRO is older, and you always want to run concurrent versions of our plugins.

If you have a valid license key inputted in your Events –> Settings page, that message would include and update link. You might want to double check that you license key is not expired (https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/) and that it is entered there in Settings. Then, clear your browser’s cache and check your Plugins page and/or Dashboard –> Updates page. You should see an option in one of both of those places to update to Events Calendar PRO 3.5.1.

If you’re still having trouble, please let me know and we’d be happy to help out.

Best,

Leah

Ken
    Participant

I was having similar issues stating the download failed. But my license was valid and the download link when typed in manually worked. I resorted to deleting the pro folder via FTP (since deleting via WP stated with would delete data) and re-uploading via WP.

Deborah Gump
    Participant

I’m trying to update it, Maven; that’s what started this string. When I try, I get the message:

Update Plugin

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.4. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?

Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=events-calendar-pro&version=3.5.1&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.4&pu_install_key=789dad94b4d345a60b6ab88dd68765fb1c7fced7…

Download failed.
    Return to Plugins page

I just signed up a month or so ago, so … ? I’m not exactly comfortable going into the guts of the code as Power User as apparently done, but is that my only option?

Leah

Hi deborahgumo,

Thanks for the further information. I’d like you to try doing a manual update of the plugin. It’s simpler than using the FTP that Ken mentioned, but should help get things squared away.

To do this, deactivate and delete the Events Calendar PRO plugin from your Plugins page. You should not lose data, but we recommend that you backup your database first just in case. Then install the new version of the plugin (downloaded from your account’s downloads page) and activate it. That will get you running PRO 3.5.1 and hopefully skirt that error you were getting.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you.

Best,

Leah

Ken
    Participant

Hey Leah, So when it says that it will delete data is that not the case when removing ECP? It will leave the data intact and only remove the files? I didn’t trust it which is why I did it manually.

Leah

Hi Ken,

The events and such are stored in your database, so deleting the plugins shouldn’t cause any data lose. Of course, we always recommend that you back up your site and database before doing something like that, just in case.

Best,

Leah

Ken
    Participant

Hey Leah,
    I guess that it is just misleading when you see something like this:
    http://i60.tinypic.com/346x98w.png
    I expect both the “files”(the files) and the “data” (info in database) to be removed. Hence doing the manual FTP of files guarantees that you are not messing with database.

Leah

Sorry about the confusion there Ken. I’ll see if we can make that language a bit clearer.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Update fail’ is closed to new replies.