Update to version 3.8

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update to version 3.8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mshane
    Participant

2 Things:

1) I have updated Events Calendar to version 3.8 and I am getting an alert to pair Events Calendar Pro with an older version of Events Calendar? What should I do? There is no 3.8 for Events Calendar Pro?

2) On the main calendar page I want to change the word “events” to “classes” since I am using this to show upcoming classes at a studio. Where can I change that text. Instead of saying “Upcoming Events” or “Find Events” I want to change the word Events to Classes.

Thanks!

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Matt

Can answer your two questions. See my answers below.

1) I have updated Events Calendar to version 3.8 and I am getting an alert to pair Events Calendar Pro with an older version of Events Calendar? What should I do? There is no 3.8 for Events Calendar Pro?

We do have a new version of Pro for 3.8. Do you have your license entered so you can get updates through WordPress? Also you can download the latest version by logging in here and going to Account-Central->Downloads. Let me know if you have any issues with this and we can help out.

2) On the main calendar page I want to change the word “events” to “classes” since I am using this to show upcoming classes at a studio. Where can I change that text. Instead of saying “Upcoming Events” or “Find Events” I want to change the word Events to Classes.
    If you follow this tutorial below you can change the word events throughout your site including the admin.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/changing-the-word-events-to-something-else/

Let me know if you run into any issues or have some more questions.

Thanks!

mshane
    Participant

Awesome thanks Brian. So it all worked for the most part. Instead of meetings I need to use the word Class. So I replaced with Class, class, Classes, classes. The output however shows with an added S on the end. So Class is instead Classs. And Classes is Classess. It works if I change the word Class in functions file to Clas instead of Class but I shouldn’t need to do that right? Thanks so much!

mshane
    Participant

Hey Brian – a little more info. So the output on the page the term Class adds an extra S like I said about but in the Dashboard when adding a new event the post shows the term correctly Clas. So on the backend it shows the correct term in the functions file but on the display output there is an additional S added to the end of the term. Thanks again!

Brian
    Keymaster

I am afraid this is how the tutorial works. We have provided it to give you a tool to change try and make it easier for you to do a customization, but we cannot know all the instances someone will try to use it and if something does not work exactly how you would like it is up to you to change it.

Having said that I can provide a little help here. I tried reversing the two arrays putting Events first to change and it seemed to work better.

// Text to search for
    array('Events', 'events', 'Event', 'event'),
    // Text to replace it with -- change this for your needs
    array('Classes', 'classes', 'Class', 'class'),
    $text

That could help you get closer to what you are looking for and then you may have to play around with it some more to get it exactly how you would like it.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to version 3.8’ is closed to new replies.