Updating Events Cal Pro causes custom coding to disappear…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updating Events Cal Pro causes custom coding to disappear…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Blair
    Participant

Hello ~
    Our developer has told us that he cannot add the code for time zone (EST) without having to redo it each time we update the plugin.
    I quote our developer… ” This change is made in the core file for the tribe events plugin – so when / if we update the plugin the changes will be lost again. This file has tons of changes with the plugin update, so I cant just keep the old version. Other edits we have made are in ‘child theme’ This one cant be done this way.”
    We would like to display the timezone (EST) on any events that are slated for a specific start time (ie live webcasts). Can this be coded in and not affected by updating the plugin?

Barry

Hi there Blair,

It definitely isn’t advisable to change core plugin code unless absolutely unavoidable for this kind of reason 🙂

I’m not sure it’s necessary to tackle the problem that way, though:

We would like to display the timezone (EST) on any events that are slated for a specific start time (ie live webcasts). Can this be coded in and not affected by updating the plugin?

We add a ton of action and filter hooks on top of those provided by WordPress itself, in addition to a template system that makes it easy and safe to override specific templates.

I’m not completely clear on where you want this change to be implemented, but perhaps the tribe_events_event_schedule_details filter hook could be leveraged here? Could you pass that across to your dev and see if that helps?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Events Cal Pro causes custom coding to disappear…’ is closed to new replies.