Upgrade breaks event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade breaks event page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Stamoulis
    Participant

I just had to revert to 3.6.1 of the events calendar pro plugin. Version 3.7 displays no events at all.

We have a tribe-events folder in our theme for template overrides, what in 3.7 would break the page?

I’ve read the post on this page https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendarproadd-ons-3-7-things-to-be-aware-of/ . Is there a snippet of code that could be used to provide compatibility with the old setup?

Adam Listek
    Participant

Hi,
    I had a similar issue as I have many customizations. I found this broke the upcoming/past pages since the nav.php changed drastically. Very much simplified but I had to rewrite a lot of logic to get it working again. I would check that out if those are the pages you are having issues with.

-Adam

Barry

Thanks Adam: Brickmarketing does that help at all? I’m afraid it’s difficult to say what might have caused breakages amongst your custom work without really knowing what that consists of.

Nick Stamoulis
    Participant

Hi,

The template overrides are an exact duplicate of the default template files from the older version of the plugin.

There’s no heavy edits, the only changes are some conditionals at the top to print different paragraphs for either of the two categories.

Would copying over the default template files from the new version solve the problem do you think?

Barry

It’s definitely worth a try.

Alternatively, you could temporarily rename your custom tribe-events directory (within your theme) to _disabled so that the plugin’s default templates are used instead and see if that improves things – after all it’s possible the issue isn’t with your custom templates at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade breaks event page’ is closed to new replies.