Urgent – Connect Authors and conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Urgent – Connect Authors and conflict

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    yogavitaesalute
    Participant

Hello,
    i need your help! there is a way to connect the authors of the post to the authors of the events?
    another question, there is a conflict with WP float plugin. You can see this here http://yogavitaesalute.it/wp/evento/psicologia-dello-yoga/
    Best regards

my blog is

Geoff

Hey there, Massimo! Nice to see you again and hope all is well. 🙂

Great questions. Let’s see if we can tackle them one at time.

i need your help! there is a way to connect the authors of the post to the authors of the events?

If I’m following you correctly, then you are looking for a way to include include the name of person publishing the Event post on the Event page. Is this correct?

If so, you will need to override the single-event.php file (located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views) by making a copy of it and dropping that copy in a folder in the your theme files called /tribe-events. These steps are detailed more thoroughly in our Themer’s Guide.

Once that file is in your theme folder, you can customize it to suit your needs. In this case, you can use the default WordPress get_the_author() function to display the name of the person who published the Event post.

another question, there is a conflict with WP float plugin.

We try to support as many other themes and plugins as possible, but can’t be compatible with everything. I do see that the WP Float plugin has not been updated in the last two years, so you may consider finding another solution that is more current since it is likely it is simply out of date.

Cheers!
    Geoff

yogavitaesalute
    Participant

Thank you very much Geoff!

I’m looking for a way to connect the author page where you see all the articles written on the blog with the events by the same author.

Geoff

My pleasure, Massimo!

Are you referring the back end of your website in WordPress admin area? Or are you referring to a specific page on the front end of your site that you can send me a link to?

Cheers!
    Geoff

yogavitaesalute
    Participant

Good Morning Geoff,
    about author page, this is an example

http://yogavitaesalute.it/wp/author/alessandra-bocchi/

I wish on this page in addition to the articles there were also events that the same person has organized.

Geoff

Thanks, Massimo!

I do want to note first of all, though, that we are fairly limited in terms of helping out with custom development questions like this one. That said, we’d love to point you in the right direction if we can.

I would suggest modifying the template you are using for the author page and pull in events using the WordPress get_posts() function to query the Events post type (“tribe_events”) by author. You can find more info on using this method in the WordPress Codex.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete code to share, but I hope this points y0u in the right direction. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Massimo! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Massimo! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Urgent – Connect Authors and conflict’ is closed to new replies.