URGENT: Still a visual bug in chrome and IE (Firefox is working) with 3.5.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO URGENT: Still a visual bug in chrome and IE (Firefox is working) with 3.5.1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    chrisgeist
    Participant

there is still a visual bug in chrome and IE (Firefox is working). please check yourself: http://www.paragliding-academy.com/events/monat/

i also have a bug in our guestbook now which is caused by the events calener pro plugin. see: http://www.paragliding-academy.com/service/gaestebuch/

————————–
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for TribeEventsRecurrenceMeta::set_comments_array_on_child_events() in/www/htdocs/w0099592/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-events-recurrence-meta.class.php on line 337
    ——————

chrisgeist
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi: I’m sorry you are experiencing difficulties.

To be clear, is the issue you are referring to the problem whereby on hovering over events they appear to be duplicated (if so, I do also see this when using Firefox) … and can you confirm if this happens even with a default, unmodified theme and no other plugins but ours?

Thanks!

chrisgeist
    Participant

hi barry

thanks for the fast reply. by the way i clicked “notify me on follow-up replies” but didn´t get a email so i thought nobody was answering… also its hard to find your own topics again because they are not listed anywhere in my account or i just didnt see it.

1.) i activated another design and it´s still the same visual bug in firefox an IE

2.) the guestbook bug is really importend to be solved soon otherwise i have to go back to a previous version.

thanks,

chris

Barry

OK: one way to review recent threads you have created is by visiting your user profile at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/users/chrisgeist/ (though I know it isn’t too obvious how to find it).

Re the visual bug, can we clarify what exactly this is? Is it the issue whereby on hovering over an event in month view it appears to be duplicated?

Thanks!

chrisgeist
    Participant

hi barry

yes, it appears when hovering over the event and then its duplicated with */ at the beginning.

the error in the guestbook is an error message like described above.

cheers

chris

Barry

OK, thanks for clarifying: regarding the visual bug on month view, can you confirm if this only happens with your theme? If so, would it be possible for you to share a download link for your theme (perhaps by uploading a .zip to your WordPress site or Dropbox and sharing the link via a private reply)? We’d love to take a closer look at this.

the error in the guestbook is an error message like described above.

We’ll happily look into this – but can I ask you to create a new thread? We do try hard to stick to one issue per thread to avoid confusion, as well as to ensure fair and timely service to all our customers.

Thanks!

chrisgeist
    Participant

hey guys, hi barry

yes i can open a new thread for the guestbook bug, but PLEASE can u have a look NOW, the issue exists now since 6 days and i wrote that already after the last update from 3.4 to 3.5 of events calender pro and nobody took care, so i switched back to the 3.4 version…

yes i already tested it with other designs (i wrote that already…) and it´s still the same bug.

if u need a zip of the design folder let me know.

maybe anybody else has the same error and has a fast solution for that. would be great.
    thanks for the help.

cheers,

chris

p.s. the previous version 3.4… didn´t cause any bugs on my design/theme.

chrisgeist
    Participant

hey barry
    yes i already tested it with other designs and it´s still the same bug.

cheers,

chris

Barry

yes i can open a new thread for the guestbook bug, but PLEASE can u have a look NOW, the issue exists now since 6 days

Please do create a new thread: I can see the error but it would be best to progress this in a separate thread. If this is a production or ‘live’ site, I’d definitely recommend turning off the display of errors.

if u need a zip of the design folder let me know.

Yes please! It may not be due to the theme but it would be awesome if we had this to hand just in case.

yes i already tested it with other designs and it´s still the same bug.

I appreciate that – I had also asked if you deactivated all other plugins, so just to be clear (in case there has been a misunderstanding!) can you confirm if you did that at the same time as switching to a default theme?

chrisgeist
    Participant

hi barry

here is the thread: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/error-in-guestbook-after-update-from-3-4-to-3-5-1-of-the-events-calender-pro/#DiscussionForm

how can i send the zip file to you?

yes i deactivated all other plugins. please let a programmer look over it. i send u already the login and password. i think the bug comes from the events calender pro code.

thanks for the help barry,

chris

Barry

If you can upload the zip either to your site or else a service like Dropbox and share the link here (as a private reply if you prefer) that would be awesome.

yes i deactivated all other plugins. please let a programmer look over it. i send u already the login and password. i think the bug comes from the events calender pro code.

Thanks for clarifying – we may take you up on that, but bear with us while we look at the information we already have on this issue 🙂

Thanks!

chrisgeist
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks, it was indeed nothing to do with your theme. I believe this was due to an issue with your caching plugin, though, which I temporarily disabled (and that explains – you may have noticed – why the problem was apparent as a visitor who is not logged in, but everything was fine as an authenticated user – since caching would not have been applied).

Can you confirm you find the same?

chrisgeist
    Participant

hey barry

i thought the update to 3.5.2 solved the visual bug but it´s still the same. chrome works, IE and Firefox still the duplication bug.

cheers,

chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘URGENT: Still a visual bug in chrome and IE (Firefox is working) with 3.5.1’ is closed to new replies.