user submitted events restriction

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions user submitted events restriction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike

I am curious about the pro feature of allowing users to input there own events into the calendar. Is there a way to allow only specific users to do this – i.e. issue a special password and log-in that restricts access to this feature for only users with these credentials.

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins I can help you out with this.

It is actually the Community Events Add On that enables users to submit events from the front end. It is not included in Pro. Each of our plugins has unique features and not included with the other plugins.

For Community Events there is an option to have only logged in users create events. So you could create users and only share that with people you would like to submit events. Each person could have there own account to. Built into the plugin is the ability to block certain roles from access the admin of the site too.

If you follow the new user primer for this plugin it will show you all that it can do.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/community-events-new-user-primer/

Does that answer your question?

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for marking the answer correct, closing out this ticket. Feel free to create a new ticket for any other questions. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘user submitted events restriction’ is closed to new replies.