Using ECP for awhile now want to sell tickets. Not sure what plugin to use

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Using ECP for awhile now want to sell tickets. Not sure what plugin to use

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    christina
    Participant

I’ve been using ECP for awhile now to list all my events/classes. I would like to now offer people the option to register and put a deposit down online. I’m not sure what plugin would fit me best and I’m hoping I can get some input from you. Here is what we’re hoping to find with functionality:

1. The ability to list event prices and charge a deposit for the event

2. The ability to link it to our paypal account (assuming woocommerce or other plugins allow for this integration)

3. Have confirmation emails sent with details about their payment and upcoming class.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for using the Events Calendar!

I can answer your questions. I will take them one at a time, see my answer below.

1. The ability to list event prices and charge a deposit for the event

Our tickets do not have the ability to split the payment, but if you wanted to list the class prices and then in the system put the deposit price for the ticket I think that would work. So when someone pays online they would pay the deposit and then you would have to collect the remaining payment using another method(check, cash, another online system).

2. The ability to link it to our paypal account (assuming woocommerce or other plugins allow for this integration)</blockquote
    You can use any of the Payment Gateways through WooCommerce or any of the other Ticket Plugins we offer.

3. Have confirmation emails sent with details about their payment and upcoming class.

By default we send Ticket Emails and WooCommerce sends out the order emails. You should be able to modify the WooCommerce emails to provide the information. You can also modify the ticket emails from our Add On’s, but it may take a little coding.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if you would like me to clarify anything

Thanks

christina
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for getting back to me! Very helpful stuff.

1. Would I be listing the class price in the event details section as I am currently doing? So it would show up in the “cost” field http://massage-training.net/events/stretching-techniques-2/

Can you walk me through what steps would need to be taken for setting up an event and then adding the payment option. Namely, I’m curious if I will need to create the event as I am doing now with ECP and then will I create a product with WooCommerce and then tie that to the event?

When you say “By default we send Ticket Emails” is that with the Woocommerce plugin or another addon for ECP? What does that look like?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Would I be listing the class price in the event details section as I am currently doing? So it would show up in the “cost” field http://massage-training.net/events/stretching-techniques-2/

Yes, if you want only take part of the payment online through the tickets you could put the price in the content. The cost fields is taken over by the ticketing add on and not displayed. If you would like to take the full amount it will be listed in the Event next to the ticket.

Can you walk me through what steps would need to be taken for setting up an event and then adding the payment option. Namely, I’m curious if I will need to create the event as I am doing now with ECP and then will I create a product with WooCommerce and then tie that to the event?

I can walk you through, but I think our new user primer does a better job laying out how everything works and the options in WooCommerce Tickets.

Here is the link:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/wootickets-new-user-primer/

When you say “By default we send Ticket Emails” is that with the Woocommerce plugin or another addon for ECP? What does that look like?

This is through out Ticketing add on such as WooCommerce Tickets for the Events Calendar.

Here is also a sample of an event using WooCommerce tickets:

http://wpshindig.com/event/the-events-calendar-wootickets-wordpress-demo/

Here is a sample ticket too.

ticket-sample

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

christina
    Participant

Thanks so much for all your help. I think I am going to suggest that they request full payment and not just a deposit. Any reason you recommend WooCommerce over the others?

Brian
    Keymaster

All the features are the same for our ticketing add on’s for The Events Calendar. WooCommerce and Electronic Digital Downloads are the two most popular so usually that is what most people ask us about. So I default to talking about those two.

I would say that it is which ever e-Commerce you are most comfortable with of the four is the one to go with and if you want to leave the door open for selling products on your site WooCommerce is good system to have.

Does that answer your question?

christina
    Participant

Yes! I’m going to go ahead and purchase that one! Thank you for all your help Brian

Brian
    Keymaster

Great! I am going to close this ticket. If you have any questions or issues once you start using WooCommerce Ticket please create a new ticket and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Using ECP for awhile now want to sell tickets. Not sure what plugin to use’ is closed to new replies.