Venue page differences in standard vs Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Venue page differences in standard vs Pro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Neill Watson

The Venue page is or particular interest to me, as I’m planning a resource of motorspoprt venues across the world, with events and things to do. I have a couple of queries I hope you can help with:
    1. What are the differences between standard and Pro version with regard to Venue pages?
    2. Is there a way to create links to venue pages, such as in the menu or by using shortcodes to make directories of venues?
    Best regards
    Neill W

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Neill,

Thanks for the interest in the Events Calendar Pro.

See my answers below your questions.

1. What are the differences between standard and Pro version with regard to Venue pages?

In Pro we add Single Venue View and the Single Events Automatically link to it.

You can also see an example of the Venue Page is here:
    http://wpshindig.com/venue/meetupery-4/

It has venue information and then lists upcoming events under it.

That template can be modified following our Themer’s Guide as well.

2. Is there a way to create links to venue pages, such as in the menu or by using shortcodes to make directories of venues?

The venue’s are a custom post type: tribe_venue

So they all have their own links that you can add to a menu(like the one above). You could also create a custom loop for venues to show their links, that could be done as a shortcode as well.

In fact you should be able to find a shortcode that lists posts and then just modify it to find only the venue post type. And just so you are aware we try to help out on customizations with maybe a step or two depending on what is being done, but for the most part that is beyond the support we can provide on the forum.

Does that help? Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue page differences in standard vs Pro’ is closed to new replies.