Venues Not Displaying in Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venues Not Displaying in Month View

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

We have our month view setup to display a check-box additional field for multiple custom fields choices. However since updating to the latest version of the Event Calendar some of the events no longer show their custom fields. Updating an event will usually fix the issue, but were looking for a more end all fix if possible.

Casey D

Hello anthony,

Thanks for contacting us. This may be a bug and I’d like to reproduce it. Here is what I understand so far.

Using the “Additional Fields” setting of Events Calendar PRO, you have a ‘Venue Room’ checkbox setting. These rooms appear in the ‘Other’ meta section on the single events page, and also in the tooltip of the month view. Since updating to 3.6, some events no longer display that information. It will show up if you resave the event, but you’d like a bulk solution so you don’t have to resave everyone.

Does that sound about right?

Are you using a custom template to get the custom meta information? When I try to reproduce this, it doesn’t show in the tooltip. I’m not sure this is a solution that works right out of the box.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Hello Casey,

Yes, that is all correct.

We’re using an override, single-event.php in the tribe-events/month/ folder of our theme, to display the field information. The speicifc code we’re using is below:

<?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details() ?>

<?php if( function_exists(‘tribe_the_custom_fields’) && tribe_get_custom_fields( get_the_ID() ) ): ?>

<?php tribe_the_custom_fields( get_the_ID() ); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Let me know if you need any other information.

Casey D

Hello anthony,

It’s really hard to say what’s happening here. The code seems good, although if you could upload the entire single.php file to a server like http://pastie.org it would be great to take a look at it. But all seems fine.

After talking with the devs they say there is no reason why an update would make the custom meta just disconnect like that. It may be something on our end but we haven’t heard anything else yet and I am not able to reproduce it.

Ultimately (while unfortunate to say) the best solution may just be to resave all the trouble events. It’s not ideal, but shouldn’t take that long especially with a process like this.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello anthony,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venues Not Displaying in Month View’ is closed to new replies.