"View all events in category" links not working properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "View all events in category" links not working properly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mindshare
    Participant

On the event list widget, when the widget is set to show events from a particular category, there is a link in the widget footer to “view all events in category”. This link used to take users to a calendar view filtered by category, but now only links to the main calendar view (all categories shown). This bug came out in an Events Calendar update about two weeks ago. Any idea on when a fix will be released?

Barry

I’m sorry for the inconvenience: we’re working on this but we can’t guarantee when the fix will arrive, I’m afraid.

What I’ve done though is add this thread to our the report for this bug on our internal issue tracker – and as soon as we’ve got something substantive to report we’ll do our best to post an update in here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime 🙂

mindshare
    Participant

Do you have any sense of what that timeframe might look like? I have a client who needs this functionality and she’s asking us to foot the bill to switch to another calendar system if it can’t be fixed. I’m sure she’d be fine with waiting a couple of weeks, but if it’s going to be months or years, we’re going to have to either fix it ourselves or find another calendar.
    This bug was introduced in a recent release of the plugin, wasn’t it? Is there a previous version we could revert to until it’s fixed?
    Thanks for your help.

Barry

If you want to revert you can – please do bear in mind you’ll also potentially be reintroducing previous bugs if you do so, and we will be able to offer only very limited support. However, you can grab historic versions if that is what you want to do by visiting this page and this page.

I’m sure she’d be fine with waiting a couple of weeks, but if it’s going to be months or years, we’re going to have to either fix it ourselves or find another calendar.

I appreciate your position but we can’t offer any guarantees here, I’m afraid. We generally strive to turn out maintenance releases on a monthly basis, but that is a rough guide and is subject to change.

I hope that clarifies things but please let me know if you have further questions on this one (for any other issues, of course please just create a new thread) 🙂

mindshare
    Participant

Ok, we were able to fix this.. it could use improvement, but if you want to fold it back into core, we modified widget-list.class.php around line 78 to read:

if(empty($category)) {
    	$event_url = tribe_get_events_link();
    } else {
    	$category_term = get_term_by('id', $category, 'tribe_events_cat');
    	$event_url = tribe_get_events_link() . 'category/' . $category_term->slug;
    }
    Barry

Thanks for sharing 🙂 and hopefully our own fix will be available in the next release but if not please do be mindful of the fact that any customizations to core code will be overwritten during an update.

There’s not too much more we can do here in the short term so I’ll go ahead and close the thread – but if we can help with any other issues please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘"View all events in category" links not working properly’ is closed to new replies.