View as List not showing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO View as List not showing events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    haboredman
    Participant

All the over views are working, but not the list (default) view.
    http://paintedcellars.com/events/

I have custom template in my-theme/tribe-events/default-template.php

This was working prior to today when I had to revert to last-night’s backup due to a white screen issue.

I also have another issue in the month view when filtered by category/location. There is raw code showing on the hover of each event.
    http://paintedcellars.com/events/category/chico/month/

This looks fine in without the category filtering here:
    http://paintedcellars.com/events/month/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the issues, I can help out to get them back on track.

Events List

I took a look at the site and saw the list view is not working.

It is just going to a white screen so it looks like it is getting an error causing the template to stop.

Can you view the error log in either the wp-admin/ directory or the root directory of the site and see if there are an errors releated to your custom template.

Category Month View

I also went to the category page and it looks like it is adding javascript variables.

Do you have any customizations for the Month Tooltips?

Also, are you running debug from wp-config and from the Events Calendar? If you are can you try turning it off and seeing if that resolves either problem.

Please let me know what you find out and we can go from there to resolve this.

Thanks

haboredman
    Participant

No debug from Events Calendar. That option is not selected in the admin.

Error log:

[03-Sep-2014 17:32:39 UTC] PHP Notice: Template overrides should be moved to the correct subdirectory: photo/single-event.php is deprecated since version 3.2! Use pro/photo/single-event.php instead. in /home4/haboincc/public_html/paintedcellars/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

***(I created a new folder Pro and placed the photo/single-event.php and content.php inside)

[03-Sep-2014 17:32:39 UTC] PHP Notice: tribe_meta_event_cats is deprecated since version 3.0! Use tribe_get_event_categories( $post_id, $args ) instead. in /home4/haboincc/public_html/paintedcellars/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078
    *****Not sure what this is??

[03-Sep-2014 17:32:44 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘Instructor’ – assumed ‘‘Instructor’’ in /home4/haboincc/public_html/paintedcellars/wp-content/themes/painted-cellars/functions.php on line 18
    *******This is the added code for that error:
    remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’), 5 );
    add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content’, array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’), 5 );

function filter_translations($translation, $text, $domain) {
    if ($domain == ‘tribe-events-calendar’) {
    switch ($text) {
    case ‘Venue’:
    $translation = ‘Place’;
    break;
    }
    switch ($text) {
    case ‘Organizer’:
    $translation = ‘Instructor’;
    break;
    }
    }
    return $translation;
    }
    add_filter(‘gettext’, ‘filter_translations’, 10, 3);

***I didn’t actually put this in, as I’m taking over this aspect of the project. Is there something wrong there?

Having the same issue on dcthird.com/events

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for the error messages and your notes. All the messages are notices and not warning’s so usually that does not prevent the site from working, but it might.

It looks like you fixed the first message so here are my notes for the other two.

[03-Sep-2014 17:32:39 UTC] PHP Notice: tribe_meta_event_cats is deprecated since version 3.0! Use tribe_get_event_categories( $post_id, $args ) instead. in /home4/haboincc/public_html/paintedcellars/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

It looks like coding in the custom templates using an older function that is deprecated. Since it looks like you are using custom templates for the Events Calendar and you just took over the project I would suggest removing all the custom templates and seeing if that resolves the issue.

I am not sure what customizations were made, but the easiest thing to do maybe to take the latest templates from the latest version of the plugins and add your customizations there.

[03-Sep-2014 17:32:44 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘Instructor’ – assumed ‘‘Instructor’’ in /home4/haboincc/public_html/paintedcellars/wp-content/themes/painted-cellars/functions.php on line 18

That coding looks fine, maybe it is a character issue? I loaded it into my test site and it worked without notices.

I posted the coding I used here to fix the commas, try that and see if it works.

http://pastebin.com/dChwZEdT

Also, I just visited the site and it seems everything is working, were you able to fix it or???

Let me know if you still would like some help.

njdec – Please also check your error log and make any fixes you ca and also remove any customizations to see if that fixes it. If not please come back and let us know what you find out, but please do it in your own post and reference this one. It will be easier for us to give you better support as your issues maybe different from this one.

Thanks

haboredman
    Participant

I resolved this with help from someone else.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

And njdec since this ticket is closed, please create a new ticket for your issue and reference this one and we can help you out.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘View as List not showing events’ is closed to new replies.