"View More" bug and removal

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "View More" bug and removal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    larrykaye
    Participant

HI. I am using the Event List widget, and there is a link at the bottom of the widget to “view more” When you click on it, it takes you to a strange looking page of garbled text, that makes no sense. How can I remove the “View More” or fix it please?

larrykaye
    Participant

I should add by the way that I am not a programmer, although you can probably tell that already…

Casey
    Participant

larrykaye,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Can you send me a link and/or screenshot that will show me the issue at play? I’m seeing the Widget displaying correctly (screenshot), and when I click the ‘View More’ link it takes me to your ‘/events/’ page.

If you could give me a little more context, that would definitely help me to troubleshoot the issue further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

larrykaye
    Participant

Hi Casey,

This is what I see when I click on “View More”:

Find Events Event Views Navigation View As List Month Day Events From Search Near Upcoming Events Show only the first upcoming instance of recurring events Events List Navigation December 2014 $350 Advanced Deposition Skills December 12 @ 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Marriott Bethesda North Hotel, 55 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD United States+ Google

When I click on the link for the actual event name, it takes me to an event page, but the view more is strange.

Also, if I want the event to show without the primary and secondary widget areas, how do I make that happen?

Thanks.

-Larry

larrykaye
    Participant

here is the link to the staging area for the site.
    http://06b.a7b.myftpupload.com/

larrykaye
    Participant

I have also discovered another problem. After I select the first event and go to its page on the web site, when I click on the link to see “all events” I am directed to the same page as with “view more”

Casey
    Participant

larrykaye,
    I suspect that this has something to do with the page template that you’re using. Can you try switching to the ‘Default Events Template’ page template, and see if that fixes the issue? You can do this by going to ‘Events->Settings->Display’ and changing the page template option there.

Give that a try and let me know if it fixes the issue. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

larrykaye
    Participant

Bingo! Thanks.
    One final question for today. Do you know of any programs for event registrations that interface with your program. I tried using a ticket program but it does not work the same way and gives me a “shopping” and “cart” which I don’t really want on my site. Any thoughts?

Casey
    Participant

larrykaye,
    You might take a look at our EventBrite add-on, as I think it will do what you’re wanting. Take a look and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘"View More" bug and removal’ is closed to new replies.