Weekly view not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Weekly view not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smazzoni
    Participant

For some reason, I can list events by year / day but the weekly calendar is not showing up any result.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello smazzoni,

Sorry for the events not showing on Week View.

I can help you out with this.

I took a look at your site and saw that the week view is not loading.

I found two things in the Browser console that maybe the cause.

Google Maps API
    One is this error:

You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

That looks like another plugin is adding in the API. Could it be turned off or at least only used on the page it is needed?

Photo Album Plus
    This plugin seems to be very active adding messages to the console and could be creating an issue. It could be nothing too, but I thought it would be good to look at it.

Additional Information
    Also, please let me know if you have any customizations to the events templates.

And finally, can you follow out Testing for Conflicts guide to see if that resolves the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Please let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

smazzoni
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay, I deactivated WP Photo albums and the errors are gone, still the weekly view aren’t showing any Event. I’ve disabled all plugins and still no luck. Also, I noticed that on the rest of the views, the Filter bar is not working when I want to filter by Location (e.g. Hollywood, Venice, L.A.). It always show the same results. Is there some problem with jQuery maybe?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

No worries on the delay. Thanks for doing the testing and letting me know the results.

I took another look at your site and notice it is loading jquery twice.

Once is coming from the Theme/WordPress(and should be the version used) here:

http://www.frontiersmedia.co/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.1

There is another version loading here:

http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js

Not sure where it is coming from as it does not show in the source code.

Maybe clearing the CloudFlare Cache might remove it?

I did see the filter bar not working too and I think it is related to the double jQuery loading.

Let me know after you clear the Cloudflare Cache or need help related to that and I can see what I can do to resolve this.

Thanks

smazzoni
    Participant

Thanks for your help Brian,
    It is strange because I wasn’t using Cloudflare yet (it’s a dev domain). I’ve found that this jQuery came from the Instagram widget, I’ve disabled it and now it’s loaded only once. Still no luck. Don’t see any error either. What else can I do to fix this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Let me see if I can come up with some more ideas.

The week View and Filter Bar reply on Javascript and since I am not getting an error, maybe there is some information missing.

I am looking at the source code and it appears that there is some customization for the events template, have you moved the templates to your theme to edit? Or are you using the “Default Page Template” for the Events template on the Display tab?

I also noticed the Body tag does not have the body class function, that could be causing the issue. (although doubtful)

Are you able to add the body class function and can you verify your Events Template setting or if you have any customizations?

Please let me know.

In addition, can you follow the steps below to setup debug on the site and let me know what you find out. Maybe an error will pop up there.

Debug
    Can you please follow the section of the WordPress Codex Debug titled “Example wp-config.php for Debugging” on this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please add that coding to your wp-config.php file.

After that please turn on debug mode in the Events Calendar.

Go to Events->Settings and in the Miscellaneous Settings at the bottom of the General Tab Please Click on Debug Mode and Save.

Please try to search the site and go to the map view a couple times and then if you can send in your next reply the information in the debug.log in the wp-content directory.

Also, please send me the information in the System Information box under Events->Help.

You can make those both private replies and we can take it from there.

smazzoni
    Participant

I’ve found it. Yes I’ve started a new template theme based on twentyfourteen and it seems that I had to add the function <?php wp_footer(); ?>. Thank you for your help Brian, really appreciate it!

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Weekly view not working’ is closed to new replies.