weir get_comments behaviour (not expected at all!)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO weir get_comments behaviour (not expected at all!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandro
    Participant

I’m using WPML so I’ve 3 languages, events are in 3 languages, but I’d like to have 1 common comment area for all 3. So all language comments together. To do this I decided to use ID of parent post and post comments to that one from all other languages… in theory this should be easy and with ordinary wordpress post I managed to do this, but with tribe_events I’m having trouble!

In ecp-single-template.php I have:

$current_post_duplicate_id,
    ‘number’ => 25,
    ‘status’ => ‘approve’,
    ‘type’ => ‘comment’,
    ‘order’ => ‘ASC’
    ) );

foreach ($recent_comments as $comment) {
    ?>
    <li id="attendee-comment_ID; ?>”>
    comment_author_email, $size = ’50’, $alt = $comment->comment_author.’ is attending this event’ ); ?>
    comment_author; ?>

$current_post_duplicate_id is same for all 3 posts and equals original event ID. I echoed it out and it is 9 in all 3 language cases.

Problem is that comments from Post ID9 are not displayed, in fact I only see current post comments. So get_comments is ignoring post_id.

Any help appreciated! since I made this work with normal comments it is definitely some quirkiness with tribe events plugin!

Ty.

Leah

Hey Sandro,

Sorry this post seems to have slipped through the cracks! We’ll take a good look at your issue in the next 24 hours and get you a substantive response as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience,
    Leah

Rob

Hey there Sandro. Just wanted to follow-up to show that we haven’t forgotten about this; we actually have a WPML expert on the team here who I’m specifically waiting to have address this issue for you. However he was out this entire week and not addressing support as a result.

I’ve added this as the top priority support thread for him to hit on his return Monday, so know that relief is in sight. Thanks for your patience on this end so far and please let me know what else you need here.

Rob

Hi again Sandro. Wanted to follow-up on this now that I’ve had a chance to talk with Daniel, our resident WPML expert. It sounds like what you’re requesting here is requested by a lot of folks, but WPML doesn’t currently support it in-full. The good news is it seems you resolved this for the most part; the remaining problem seems largely due to a wrong query somewhere. Daniel can take a look, but would you mind posting the complete code from your ecp-single-template file? It looks like what we see above is incomplete…I’d recommend dropping it into pastie.org and sharing the link here.

While the remaining issue doesn’t quite seem specific to our plugin, Daniel will be happy to review your code and see if he can point you in the right direction. Cheers!

Rob

Hey Sandro…just wanted to follow-up on this, did my last note make sense? Do you need anything else from us here, or can this thread be closed out?

Sandro
    Participant

You can close this topic I moved to qtranslate which by default doesn’t require combining comments or star ratings. So I’m done 🙂 ty.

Leah

Thanks Sandro. I’ll close it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘weir get_comments behaviour (not expected at all!)’ is closed to new replies.