Where is the Email Approval Setting?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Where is the Email Approval Setting?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fiberartnow
    Participant

Hi, I want to make sure we get email notices for approval of new entries. I’ve seen that setting before, and now can’t find it. Please advise. Also, how can I ensure (or modify) which data is required and which is optional when users are adding entries?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy fiberartnow,

To change the approval email go to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Community, then scroll down to alerts.

As fortune would have it we have a tutorial that walks you through changing the required fields in Community.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

fiberartnow
    Participant

We have the settings checked for receiving an email (two 2 different email accounts)for pending listings, but haven’t received any, and we’ve had at least a few new listings. I must still be missing something. Please advise. Best, Marcia

Brook
    Participant

That is no good! We can try a couple of things to narrow down the issue.

Before continuing, would you grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

After you have done that, can you try inputting only one email and seeing if it works now? I am wondering if the format of the second email is not being recognized. Please post the result of that as well. Thanks Marcia!

– Brook

fiberartnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

You are welcome Marcia! Thanks for the info.

What happens when you only have one email in that field? Do the emails come through?

Can you test if you are getting other WP Emails? In WP Settings check the box to be notified of new user sign ups, then sign up as a new user. Did that email come through? If not, you might need to get with your server administrator to see about getting WP to work with your servers send mail function. If that email did come through, could you try one more thing? Could you try testing if there is a conflict by following these three steps. On step three, try submitting an event as an unregistered user once again and seeing if the email comes through.

Let me know how that goes. I think we are nearing a solution. 🙂

– Brook

fiberartnow
    Participant

Thnx,Brook.I’ll give those steps a try and let you know. I hope switching to one email (instead of the current two) will resolve it. M

fiberartnow
    Participant

Brook, You said, “In WP Settings check the box to be notified of new user sign ups, then sign up as a new user.” Can you tell me where that is? I went into WP>Setttings>General, and checked the “anyone can register” box and my email address is the default email. Is this the right place? (I apologize for my inexperience.)

Brook
    Participant

No worries, Marica!

Go to WP Admin > Settings > Discussion, and look for the section “E-mail me whenever”. If you check the box to be notified of new posts, then while logged in as a new user you make a post WP will send you an email. If you receive it WP Emails are coming through. If not, WP itself is having trouble sending emails.

I will be  here to help if you have more questions. Just ask.

– Brook

fiberartnow
    Participant

Brook, Is that Settings under the Events menu, or is it a genera set-up on WP, and if so, can you point me to it? So sorry for the hassle. M

fiberartnow
    Participant

Scratch that! Found it!

fiberartnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

It is no hassle.

What did you find out? Did you receive emails from WP when people registered. Refer to my above post on those troubleshooting steps and what to do next. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy,

Since this thread has gone for a while without any response, I am going to archive it. If you are still in need of assistance please open a new thread, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Where is the Email Approval Setting?’ is closed to new replies.