Which add-on is best for Class Event Registration?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Which add-on is best for Class Event Registration?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joann Martin
    Participant

We are running S2Members and Events Calendar Pro. We want our logged-in users to be able to register for classes. Which Tribe add-on is best? We need to cap our class enrollments and show waiting lists.

Barry

Hi Joann,

Apologies for the delay in getting you a response 🙂

I’d definitely recommend one of our ticketing solutions such as WooCommerce Tickets – though they facilitate the selling of tickets you can make them available at 0 cost. By combining this with the built-in inventory controls you should get pretty close to a solution here.

Does that help?

Joann Martin
    Participant

OK. But we charge for our classes. (www.gmtatennis.org)
    We need to set up a waiting list option if the inventory is depleted.
    Q: We need to run WooCommerce with this plugin, right?

Barry

OK. But we charge for our classes. (www.gmtatennis.org)

My fault for jumping to conclusions! In that case you’ll have no problem as you can certainly set a price for each ticket that you create.

We need to set up a waiting list option if the inventory is depleted.

This is definitely possible, but I’d like to be clear before you decide to purchase that it is not something facilitated “out of the box”. So a small amount of customization work could be required here.

Q: We need to run WooCommerce with this plugin, right?

Yes, indeed you would 🙂

However, we do actually have a range of ticketing plugins all designed to work with different e-commerce plugins such as Easy Digital Downloads, WP E-Commerce and Shopp – so it is arguably smarter to pick the e-commerce solution you feel most comfortable with first of all.

Does that help?

Joann Martin
    Participant

Help. We need to use our Authorize.net payment gateway with WooTickets/Commerce. It appears that Authorize is only available as an add-on – not default.
    There are free options and paid options for this.
    authorizenet-payment-gateway-for-woocommerce
    This plugin could be trouble as we need to maintain our PCI compliance.

Joann Martin
    Participant

Disregard my earlier post about Authorize.net. I bought the ‘tickets’ plugin and am configuring it.
    Problem: I need to add custom form fields to my checkout.
    The WooCommerce Checkout has defaults for form fields upon Checkout. But, I need the custom form fields to be part of the Event item itself. Basically, at some point in the process, the user has to give information about themselves. This is a class registration, after all.
    Thanks,

Can the checkout be customized through WooTickets?

Barry

WooCommerce Tickets does not actually interfere in the checkout process. Adding custom fields and using that information is really the sort of customization that you’d need to drive forward yourself – though we’re happy to point you in the right direction if we can.

That said, we don’t typically offer technical support here in the pre-sales forum and would ask that you post your question over in the WooCommerce Tickets forum: one of the team will then be along to help as quickly as possible 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Which add-on is best for Class Event Registration?’ is closed to new replies.