WooCommerce Causing Issues With Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WooCommerce Causing Issues With Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hi,
    I noticed that when creating recurring events with WooCommerce enabled, the events start overriding each other and showing up on the wrong dates. For example if I setup a recurring event for every Monday and a separate recurring event for every Tuesday, the second one I create will show up on Monday and Tuesday and the first one is gone… very weird. I have determined that with WooCommerce disabled they get created correctly…

FYI, I recently renewed my Events Calendar Pro license so I could upgrade to the latest version and am no running both on v3.7. I am running the latest version of WooCommerce (2.1) and WordPress (4.0).

Scott
    Participant

I have been doing a lot of testing and it is not necesarrily related to recurring events, but there is definitely an issue with WooCommerce and this plugin. I tried Deactivating WooCommerce so I could enter all my events and then re-activate WooCommerce, but as soon as I do that, the most recent event I added starts showing up all over the calendar where other events were placed.

Scott
    Participant

Also, this is not a Theme issue. Same error happening on twenty Thirteen and Twenty Fourteen events.

Scott
    Participant

Further research I have discovered this is only happening for the Month view (which is the most important to me). My month view is currently all filled up with the same event since it overrode all the other events for the month.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello Scott,

We have been testing in WooCommerce 2.2 and the Events Calendar and Add Ons at 3.7 and have not had the issue you are having. We have seen related with some plugins that change the timezone in WordPress, but have not seen WooCommerce do that.

So, we are sorry for the frustrations, but we can help you resolve this. Thanks for letting me know about what you have tested so far.

I took a look at the Calendar and saw all the events are the same for September.

You say this only happens with WooCommerce Active, correct? If that is the case are the Events information correct in the Admin, even with WooCommerce Active?

Also, have you made any customizations to the templates or custom functions and put them in your theme for either WooCommerce or the Events Calendar.

When you click the next month link are those events correct on that month? Please try for a couple months and let me know if any are correct.

Please let me know what you find out and we can take the next step.

Thanks

Scott
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help. Yes something funky is definitely going on here and I have been trying to debug this for a while now. Here is where I am at the moment.

-Only the Month view gets screwed up and shows all the same event (which happens to be the most recent event added). In the database, these recurring events appear to be entered correctly.
    -Day view or List view correctly displays the correct data…
    -The theme support WooCommerce and there is minimal tweaks to the woocommerce templates. I have also tried to remove some slight customization added to functions.php without any luck.
    -I have tried un-installing and re-installing these plugins (EC, ECP, and Woo) several times
    -The only thing I know is that when WooCommerce is active, the month view for all my events is screwed up. Really odd, but still really stuck here…

Scott
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Some other insteresting information I have uncovered is that the <div> that is wrapped around the event item in the month view is still pulling the correct ID and data-tribejson info within the div, but within the <h3> it has the incorrect <a href link and Title.

Here is an example of the same event when WooCommerce is activated and when it is deactivated:

<div id=”tribe-events-event-18136-2″ class=”hentry vevent tribe-events-category-course-spaces-available post-18136 tribe_events type-tribe_events status-publish hentry cat_course-spaces-available tribe-events-venue-4350″ data-tribejson='{“eventId”:18136,”title”:”Refresher Course”,”permalink”:”http:\/\/dev2.torontoscubaclub.com\/event\/refresher-course-2\/2014-09-02\/”,”imageSrc”:””,”startTime”:”September 2, 2014 @ 6:00 pm”,”endTime”:”8:00 pm”,”imageTooltipSrc”:””,”excerpt”:”Do you remember how to put your equipment together? Do you remember how much weight you need or how to equalize? Do you have some great new equipment that you…”,”categoryClasses”:”hentry vevent tribe-events-category-course-spaces-available post-18136 tribe_events type-tribe_events status-publish hentry cat_course-spaces-available tribe-events-venue-4350″}’>
    <h3 class=”tribe-events-month-event-title entry-title summary”>SCOTT TESTINGER</h3>

<div id=”tribe-events-event-18136-2″ class=”hentry vevent tribe-events-category-course-spaces-available post-18136 tribe_events type-tribe_events status-publish hentry cat_course-spaces-available tribe-events-venue-4350″ data-tribejson='{“eventId”:18136,”title”:”Refresher Course”,”permalink”:”http:\/\/dev2.torontoscubaclub.com\/event\/refresher-course-2\/2014-09-02\/”,”imageSrc”:””,”startTime”:”September 2, 2014 @ 6:00 pm”,”endTime”:”8:00 pm”,”imageTooltipSrc”:””,”excerpt”:”Do you remember how to put your equipment together? Do you remember how much weight you need or how to equalize? Do you have some great new equipment that you…”,”categoryClasses”:”hentry vevent tribe-events-category-course-spaces-available post-18136 tribe_events type-tribe_events status-publish hentry cat_course-spaces-available tribe-events-venue-4350″}’>
    <h3 class=”tribe-events-month-event-title entry-title summary”>Refresher Course</h3>

Note that the correct event is Refresher Course, but when WooCommerce is activated, Scott Testinger shows up in its place on the Month view.

Brian
    Keymaster

How strange everything is the same but the title.

It also appears that the tooltips are not working on Month View. The coding is not even showing there.

This looks like it could be a jQuery issue that for some reason WooCommerce makes worse. I saw that Yoast Google Analytics is loading jQuery1.10.2

Can you turn that off in the plugin and then load the latest version of jQuery included with WordPress?

/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.11.1

Also, to confirm, you have no customizations for any of the month templates for the Event Calendar, correct?

And can you confirm you have wp_footer(); in your footer, 99% sure you do, but would like to confirm that too.

Let me know if you can change that jQuery library to the latest and see if that changes anything.

Thanks

Scott
    Participant

Yes, wp_footer() is included in the footer. This still happens when I change to default twenty thirteen or twenty fourteen themes, which make me think it is not theme related. I have changed to twenty fourteen to show you… I see the tooltips working here….

I currently have all the plugins except Woo, Events Ca, and Events Ca Pro deactivated and the issue is still occurring.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled each of these three plugins a dozen times without success.

In the database all the events get successfully created in wp_posts with the tribe_events post type.

Still really stuck here… thanks for your continued support

Scott
    Participant

Brian,
    you will also notice the the hyperlink to the events are incorrect. if you click on some of these duplicate events that are overriding others, they are not even for the correct day. So the events calendar is successfully looping through the data and then the output is getting tangled up. So bizarre, but so frustrating.

Brian
    Keymaster

In the Events Calendar file:

view/month/single-event.php

It uses the Global $post

Maybe there is something on your site that it interfering with that when WooCommerce is active.

Also, maybe this is a solution…

What about trying to use this Disable Plugins and do it on the Events Page and the Month View?

Disable Plugins

Could be worth a shot to try out.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Causing Issues With Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.