Woocommerce ticket questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Woocommerce ticket questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Catherine

Hi,

I am managing an event and we are looking into getting a ticketing plugin for our WordPress webpage. Does yours work in Canada and do you have it translated in French? Are there any fees per transaction (for the organisers or participants)? Do we need a Paypal account to receive the transactions, how does it work?

Thank you,

Catherine

Casey D

Hello Catherine,

Thanks for contacting us!

We have 1000s of customers worldwide, including Canada! Here is a master list of our translations, including French!

Since you run the e-commerce store with WooCommerce, there are no additional 3rd party ‘fees’ for processing tickets. Every ticket you sell is yours and there is no 3rd party involved.

However, depending on the payment gateway you choose, there will be fees for processing the payment. For example Paypal and Stripe have their own fees for processing money on the web. There are no additional fees for using our plugin though.

Since our WooCommerce Tickets plugin is built on the backbone of WooCommerce, pretty much any gateway they offer can be used to purchase and event ticket, including Paypal. Our plugin merely transforms an event into a ticketable product, sellable through WooCommerce.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Catherine

Thanks Casey,

I have a few more questions. Is it possible to obtain information on all participants (not just buyers)? Does the plugin come with a full database (participant info, date of purchase, etc.), and can the database be exported into Excel? Is the payment done directly on our website or on another woocommerce website (i.e. redirected onto another webpage)? If redirected, can we customize the branding of that page? Do you send a confirmation email to both the attendees and the administrators? Can the attendee email be tailored? Finally, we have our own tickets, they have been printed already and will not be using e-tickets, would that work out with your plug in? We would only need an email with the attendee’s address and would mail the tickets ourselves. And is it possible to put a limit on the number of tickets sold?

Catherine

Casey D

Hello Catherine,

Sorry for the delay! The forum didn’t notify me and I just found this!

For the time being, you can only get information on buyers.

The plugin is built on WooCommerce, and uses their product schema, so ‘yes’ it is a full database of information. I don’t have personal experience with this, but you should be able to use their exporter.

Payment is done on your website, but depending on your payment gateway, it may need to go through a 3rd party payment processor (Paypal or Stripe for example). The branding of that page depends on the company, but I imagine you should be able to if redirected.

Confirmation emails are sent to both administrators and clients, and you can tailor them. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

Although our system is built for physical tickets, I suppose you should be able to use them. You can put a limit on the number of tickets sold.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce ticket questions’ is closed to new replies.