wootickets not upgraded to be compatible with woocommerce v2.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus wootickets not upgraded to be compatible with woocommerce v2.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am working on upgrade on my clients website, I did upgrade woocommerce to v2.1, the events calendar to 3.4.1, events calendar pro to 3.4 and wootickets to 3.4 and upgrade went fine no major issues.

But now I am working on testing the features, and I found on event edit screen, when I create / delete any tickets (under “Tickets” metabox), it doesn’t do anything on screen, don’t show new tickets or nor delete existing one, but when I save the event and it reloads ticket added is shown and deleted is removed from the list.

Well, then I digg into the issue, and debugged your plugins and I found out that your plugins ajax response was bad, its showing

it shows response like this for delete / add

`
    <table class=”eventtable ticket_list eventForm”>
    <td colspan=”4″ class=”titlewrap”>
    <h4 class=”tribe_sectionheader”>WooCommerce {“success”:true,”data”:”<div class=\”wrap\”><div class=\”updated\”><p>Your ticket has been deleted.<\/p><\/div><\/div>\t\t\t\t\t<small> |  and rest of the response.
    `
    which is abnormal response, so I digg deep into your code and I reached to the culprit file(s).

its

wootickets/classes/class-wootickets.php

and this code is throwing error, but it was not being recorded into log file because of buffering.

`
    $file = trailingslashit($GLOBALS[‘woocommerce’]->plugin_path) . ‘admin/woocommerce-admin-reports.php’;
    if (file_exists($file))
    include_once $file;

if (!function_exists(‘woocommerce_get_reports_charts’))
    return ”;

$charts = woocommerce_get_reports_charts();

if (empty($charts[‘sales’][‘charts’][‘product_sales’]))
    return ”;
    `

as of woocommerce 2.1,

global $woocommerce var is not recommended, instead you should utilize WC() function,

and woocommerce reports file no longer exists which you are loading.
    and also woocommerce_get_reports_charts() function is no longer applicable, instead they have a class for reports now, which on include loads full reports panel,

my recommendation is you just remove this code, as it doesn’t make much of an effect whether current event tickets have reports or not, just provide link to report.

And also your report link javscript needs upgrade,
    currently you are posting that, which I believe will no longer work as for getting product reports, now WC_Report_Sales_By_Product class is used and it only utlizes $GET for product ids, I moded it like this and it worked
    `
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $(‘#wootickets_event_reports’).on(‘click’, function(e) {
    var event_report_form = $(‘<form>’).attr(‘method’, ‘get’).attr(‘action’, ‘<?php echo admin_url(“admin.php”); ?>’);
    event_report_form.append($(‘<input />’).attr(‘name’, ‘page’).val(“wc-reports”));
    event_report_form.append($(‘<input />’).attr(‘name’, ‘tab’).val(“orders”));
    event_report_form.append($(‘<input />’).attr(‘name’, ‘report’).val(“sales_by_product”));
    <?php foreach ($ticket_ids as $id) { ?>
    event_report_form.append($(‘<input />’).attr(‘name’, ‘product_ids[]’).val(“<?php echo $id; ?>”));
    <?php } ?>
    // .submit doesn’t work on Firefox if the form is not attached to the DOM
    event_report_form.hide().appendTo(‘body’);
    event_report_form.submit();
    e.preventDefault();
    });
    });
    </script>
    `

I highly recommend you guys to please deeply and thoroughly test your products for woocomerce 2.1 compatibility, if we have to fix such issues ourself, and spend time on third party plugins testing things, then why would we bother purchasing licenses in first place, we code it ourselves.

So be smart and update your code within couple of days, I already have been waiting for woocommerce 2.1 release for more than two or three months almost, and those poor guys have been waiting for companies like you to thoroughly test your code before they can ship the latest version and it sad to see that you havent even bother to test alteast, rather then upgrading :(.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, ivideoweb. Great catch! 🙂

I have indeed been able to replicate this, and I’ve passed it along to our dev team. As soon as they’ve had a chance to review it and what we’re looking at on our end to get it resolved, we’ll have a better idea of exactly when we can ship a patch. I’ll follow up here once I have a commitment from them.

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue!!!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, ivideoweb. I just wanted to follow-up with you on this. 🙂

First, thank you again so much for bringing this to our attention. You’re absolutely right that this is something we should have caught proactively, and we’re working on putting systems in place to prevent a recurrence.

Progress is going well on a hotfix, and we expect to have it out in the wild very, very soon. I’ll be sure to post another update when that happens. 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

… and that said, version 3.4.1 of WooCommerce Tickets is released! Please give it a go and let us know what you think.

Thanks again, ivideoweb!

gowings
    Participant

Hi I have just purchased wootickets but the Ticket box option does not appear on my new events page – it keeps prompting me to install the latest woocommerce – which I have already done.
    Do I need to login again to activate?
    Sam.

George
    Participant

Hi Kelly, thanks for quickly resolving the issues, I monitored it last couple of days and so far its fine.

Kelly
    Participant

That’s great news, George! 🙂 Thanks so much for letting us know.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we will love it if you would write a few words for us here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

My apologies, gowings, but I didn’t see your post until just now. We do our best to limit threads to one issue at a time. Would you mind posting a new topic so that we could better assist you?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘wootickets not upgraded to be compatible with woocommerce v2.1’ is closed to new replies.