Wootickets: possible to customise the checkout/booking form?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Wootickets: possible to customise the checkout/booking form?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ed73

We run events and training courses and are currently using a rather unwieldy contact form plugin for booking as we have a fairly complicated set of questions to ask attendees.

For example, diet considerations, preferences for seat arrangements, various marketing questions using radio buttons, multiple delegate names for multiple bookings.

Does Wootickets allow for a customised checkout/booking form where we can capture this information when a user clicks Purchase?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi!

Sounds like you’ve got a lot of critical data there to gather, Ed. However, our WooCommerce Tickets plugin does not allow for that level of customization out of the box. Our plugin merely connects the WooCommerce system to events in our calendar, so any customization that you need around the actual ticket process would go through the WooCommerce plugin. Maybe you could look around and inquire at http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/ and see what they might say?

I’m sorry I can’t give you a direct answer here, but I can’t speak for that part of the process. If you have any questions regarding the calendar part of the solution, I’d be happy to answer those.

— Julie

Ed73

Thanks Julie. I did a bit more reading and, yes, it seems I’d need to tweak the Checkout source code in Woocommerce and add new fields.

For anyone with a similar problem, I found a plugin (not tested yet) that would seem to do what I’m looking for:

Checkout Manager for WooCommerce

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Ed,

Im glad you’ve found what looks to be a solution to your requirements. Thanks for sharing it here! Let us know if we can provide another assist along the way.

Happy coding!

— Julie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets: possible to customise the checkout/booking form?’ is closed to new replies.