WP Router Placeholder Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events WP Router Placeholder Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi- thanks for releasing this plugin! Just in the nick of time.

One thing I’m having problems with is that when I go to http://siosafire.prodentitedev.com/events/community/add it automatically ridirects to http://siosafire.prodentitedev.com/WP_Router/wp-router-placeholder-page/.

Suggestions?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris, sorry to hear about this. What version of WordPress are you running and what versions of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro do you have? Also, what theme are you using?

Chris
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

WP 3.3.2
    Events Cal PRO 2.0.6
    Community Events 1.0

I have the UDesign theme- but I also tried the Twenty Eleven and deactivated all plugins.

Still had the redirect.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris, can you provide me WP admin access so I can take a look? Email to: jonah [at] tri [dot] be and please reference the thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Well I figured out partly why this is happening – it’s because you are using %category% in your permalink structure. Do you need that? Obviously this is still a bug and we will fix it but that would be at least a temporary solution if you need it fixed now… I’m going to create a ticket and have one of the devs take a look at this. I’ll follow up here when I hear something back.

Cheers,
    Jonah

John Paul
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. I also use %category% in my permlink structure, and yes… I need that.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John, the devs are working on a fix. Keep an eye out for an update soon!

robert
    Participant

Hello Jonah,
    Any update on when this will be fixed? I have a community based website and am adding events manually. This requires a lot of time on my part. Yes, I need to use %category% in my permalink structure, very important for SEO. If you wish, you may view my site at: http//www.fullertondowntown.com.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Robert,

No update yet, we’ll get it fixed ASAP that’s all I can tell you.

John Paul
    Participant

I’ve lost patience and confidence with your company’s development process, and since your product doesn’t work at all, would appreciate a refund rather than wait months for a fix.

Rob

Hi, John. We’re sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the product and our level of support. While I would contest the claim that our “product doesn’t work at all” (as it seems after reviewing this thread that it’s an isolated bug we’re aware of and are fixing now that it’s been brought to our attention), we’ll certainly provide you a refund if you think it’s fair. Please send your order receipt to pro /a/ tri.be and we’ll get it processed for you with haste. Apologies on behalf of the whole team for failing to meet your expectations.

jebs38
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just encountered this same issue. Here is how it occurred. I was looking over my event listings: http://——mysite.com/events/community/list/page/1 and I clicked on one of the Venues and it took me to a page: http://——mysite.com/events/community/edit/venue/39181 page. When I clicked on the edit link below that page, it took me to the WP admin back-end and that post page was titled: WP Router Placeholder Page.

No problems here. I am just reporting what happened.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for the report. This does seem to be an issue and I’ve filed a ticket and we’ll get it fixed ASAP.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

In the interim you could just try hiding those links on the community specific pages by targeting:

.single-wp_router_page .edit-link {
    display: none;
    }

Change the .edit-link class to whatever yours is in your theme.

– Jonah

Jim McClain
    Participant

I was having this same trouble. When I read this topic and found that the culprit was related to my permalink structure, I did a little research. It’s important to me to give members of my community the ability to add events from around the county. But it’s also important to develop good SEO (Search Engine Optimization), especially because we are a small rural area (anyone ever heard of the Feather River, or Feather River Country?).

I read several articles about permalink structures and decided having the category (%category%) in the URL did not have the SEO value I thought it did. Although I did have categories that were keyword valuable, they also represent multiple levels to the site structure, which isn’t necessarily good for SEO. Keyword rich entry titles (%postname%) can improve the value of a URL and the permalink can be edited to remove stop words (and, the, a, etc.) and even alter it from the actual article title.

I changed my permalink structure to /%postname%-%post_id%/ for site performance and SEO. You can search around for WordPress permalink strategies, but I found this article most helpful: http://docs.appthemes.com/tutorials/wordpress-permalink-structure/

Changing my permalink structure did require me to edit my .htaccess file to add permanent redirects. My site is only a month old, so I don’t have a lot of content to redirect. That article suggests it may not be that important with a new site, but I don’t want to lose any advantage I may have.

Since removing %category% from my permalink structure, I don’t have the WP_Router/wp-router-placeholder-page/ problem. I do hope that the developers will fix that glitch for those who do not want to change their permalink structure though. I have no reason to believe they won’t. I have a lot of faith in the Modern Tribe team in just the short amount of time I have been using their products.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Router Placeholder Page’ is closed to new replies.