WPML / Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML / Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    klokwerk
    Participant

Hi there – I think I have a serious bug in WPML integration (I read some similar problems, but I’d like to report mine). I installed Events Calendar 3.8.1 + Events Calendar Pro 3.8.1 + Woocommerce Tickets 3.8 + Woocommerce 2.2.6 + WPML 3.3.4 on WP 4.0. All turned on, no Events on the backend as well as on the frontend. Switch off WPML and all the Events are visible. Tested to make Events with various combinations of plugins turned on and off – similar results everywhere. Events are hidden with any combination of the Events Calendar (even the free version only) and WPML turned on.

As I understand you’re working on better WPML integration, is there a workaround for this one? It’s really important to my client, and of course thereby as well for me.

regards,
    Kees Alders, Klokwerk-design

Josh
    Participant

Hello klokwerk,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience of our plugin not working completely with WPML. As you’ve noticed in other threads, it is something that is on our radar and something we really wish to look into further in an upcoming release.

However, it does sound like your issue is slightly different that any I’ve seen previously. When both are turned on, does the event table show normally but just reporting that there aren’t any events (same on the frontend, are the views showing normally but just lack the events)? Or is the view completely broken when they’re active.

How about when the language is set to the default for the install? Are events hidden then or is it only when a translated view is active?

Thanks!

klokwerk
    Participant

Hi Josh, thanks for your response. Yes, it is as you describe: fully functioning but not showing any events. And it is the case in the default-language-vieuw also. Would have been an explanation the events were only in one language but alas… they just don’t show. The rest seems to be fully functioning.

I could give you an account if you’d like.

Josh
    Participant

Hello klokwerk,

Thanks for following up!

As a final step to make sure we’ve got our bases covered, if you follow the Testing for Conflicts procedures, does the situation change with the WPML compatibility? If not, I’ll go ahead and log this information with our developers along with the other known issues with WPML to make sure this gets reviewed when we begin to approach WPML compatibility in a future update.

Thanks!

klokwerk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello klokwerk,

Thanks for following up with us and providing this information.

I’m sorry again for the inconvenience that this incompatibility has caused. I’ve updated our internal ticket and you should get updates as we look into the options for compatibility with WPML in a future release.

Thanks!

klokwerk
    Participant

No problem, thanks again for your support and I’m looking forward tot the next release :).

Josh
    Participant

Hello klokwerk,

No problem! Thanks again for the feedback on the plugin. This stuff really helps us to ensure we keep providing a great plugin that is useful for our users.

Thanks!

klokwerk
    Participant

Hi Josh,

No problem. Today my client and I decided not to use this plugin for three more reasons. Hope you can do something with that feedback to ;).
    1. I cannot modify the page with the Events-calendar itself, and add my own text on it. I tried the rocket-plugin to use the widget-calendar but that one doesn’t fit our needs.
    2. The buttom add tot cart redirects directly to the cart. We don’t want that and I cannot adjust.
    3. We cannot use Woocommerce tickets on recurring events (this is the most important one).

So if you need tips to improve the plugin: these are mine ;).

regards,
    Kees

Josh
    Participant

Hello klokwerk,

Thanks for following up with us!

This information is helpful. There are some options for the issues you’ve addressed above.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>You can edit the template directly using the Themer’s Guide. If you would like for content from a backend page WYSIWYG to show up on the page. You could select a page for this and then call that page’s content directly onto the template from within your theme. </span>
    2. You should be able to change this functionality as well using the Themer’s Guide. The “Add to Cart” button is managed by the ticket.php file from within the WooTickets plugin “views” folder. You can override that link from within your theme.
    3. This is an issue that is on our radar. We’re working hard to get this functionality integrated into our Ticketing systems in an upcoming release.

I hope this helps. To help keep our tickets organized, I’ll go ahead and close this ticket since the original issue has been addressed. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML / Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.