Wrong List of Events populating Main WIndow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Wrong List of Events populating Main WIndow

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cgarwriter
    Participant

Hello,
    I have tried to get this fixed by someone here. So far it has been a colossal failure to solve and it seems it should be easier. Let me spell this out.
    When you log onto my website http://www.allekiskicalendar.com please look at the main center window on the left. It shows the LAST EVENT in 2016 as the first event. I know this is set up like a blog where the most recent post shows up here. But I am running like like a calendar for my community. So the event that shows there should be the first posting NOT the most recent posting. These are calendar events and when I resident logs onto my site, it should show what is seen on the menu above that I had to add in order to have things listed correctly. Under “Current Events” this is how the main page in the main window should look. How do I access the code to get this main frame to show the report under the Current Events and NOT the one that is showing the whole list?
    Everything I was told in the last Discussion did not work. Nor did the persons who tried to fix this seem to understand that this is a “What’s happening TODAY” calendar. People log in to see what is happening today. I have built this calendar over the past 2 years and was using Timely. Timely had a horrible “post your event” form. So I quit them in favor of your calendar. I never expected your software to not show things like a calendar should. Where can I call to make sure this is fixed asap? I am not a programmer and do not know PHP. I need help ASAP

Josh
    Participant

Hello cgarwriter,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I apologize for any issues you’ve had in working with our plugins.

A couple of quick questions/observations. It looks like this view on the homepage is a basic WordPress loop of the Events custom post type. Are you accomplishing this by just having your events show up in the main blog loop within the Events Calendar settings? This output isn’t anything directly associated with our plugin. It just allows the events to be included in the same loop as your main blog. The default listing of events that our plugin builds appears to be displaying properly on your site here.

The best way to get the display you’re looking for on the homepage would be to replace the default query with “tribe_get_events“. You can then display the output in the same structure defined by your theme’s “index.php” file and the order will be by the event start date.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

cgarwriter
    Participant

Where do I place the “tribe_get_events“? I have no idea how or where to find this.
    thank you.

Josh
    Participant

Hello cgarwriter,

Thanks for following up with us. Would you mind providing more details based on the previous questions about your homepage? Are you using a static page with a page template or are you using the default Latest Posts within your Settings -> Reading settings?

This will help me to know how I can get you pointed in the right direction for this solution.

Thanks!

cgarwriter
    Participant

Okay. Pretend I just arrived from Mars and I can’t program anything. Now, go look at my webpage using this link http://www.allekiskicalendar.com. As you can see the listing in the main screen is a listing of all the events that were inputted, however the events are backwards. The one listed is actually the one furthest ahead in the future. I need this order reversed. When a person go to my website using the link I posted above, they should see the events in the order that is reversed from the one showing.
    I was forced to put a Current Events link on the menu with the Enter Your Event so that people who come to the website will see the calendar with today’s events listed first. The next tech said. Okay that’s easy. Just add the function- “tribe_get_events“. But never told me HOW or WHERE to put this function. I am not running a static page. I tried change it to a static page, but there was no way to make the correct events show up in the main window where the Bingo events in January of 2015 now rest. I am using the default Latest Posts. I do not know how to program. So PHP is lost on me. This is a community website. I really need this fixed asap. Can you make the order of events in the big main window match the one on the menu marked current events?

Josh
    Participant

Hello cgarwriter,

I apologize for the frustration you’re having in using our plugin on your site and trying to get the homepage to display the way you would like. Unfortunately, by default, there isn’t a setting to get the events within the blog loop to display like they do within our plugin views without digging into PHP.

As an alternative, it sounds like your site might work if you’re able to use the default events list within our plugin (http://allekiskicalendar.com/events/) as your homepage? You can accomplish this by using the Event Rocket plugin.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

<p>Hello cgarwriter,</p><p>I apologize for the frustration you’re having in using our plugin on your site and trying to get the homepage to display the way you would like. Unfortunately, by default, there isn’t a setting to get the events within the blog loop to display like they do within our plugin views without digging into PHP. </p><p>As an alternative, it sounds like your site might work if you’re able to use the default events list within our plugin (http://allekiskicalendar.com/events/) as your homepage? You can accomplish this by using the Event Rocket plugin.</p><p>Let me know if this helps. </p><p>Thanks!</p>

cgarwriter
    Participant

Thank you!!!!
    Finally it reads the correct way. This should be installed when the program is first downloaded for newbies. Why did it take so long for someone there to tell me this? Please tell the others that have tried to help me on this forum. They need to know this. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Josh
    Participant

Hello cgarwriter,

I’m glad we were able to get this sorted out for you and that it’s now working how you would like on your site!

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong List of Events populating Main WIndow’ is closed to new replies.