Zoom level of Google Map

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Zoom level of Google Map

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Joe

What could I do to change the default zoom level of the embedded Google Map? I found tribe_get_embedded_map() in google-map.php, but I’m not seeing where to modify zoom or other marker settings.

Joe

Never mind! Found it in admin-views/event-map.php right after I posted that.

Rob

Excellent to see you got this figured out. If anything else comes up or if you have other questions, let me know…happy to help.

Brad
    Participant

I modified the event-map.php, uploaded it to my /events template files, but I am not seeing a change. Default was 8, I set to 15. See http://orbike.com/beta/event/worst-day-of-the-year-ride/

Any suggestions?

Rob

Are you using the 2.0.3 tagged code, Brad, or something else? If you are on the 2.0.3 code…you created a new “events” folder in your theme directory and accomplished the traditional template override correctly? Just want to make sure so I can get another dev to take a look as needed.

Mike
    Participant

I need to change the zoom level of the maps but the file admin-views/event-map.phpis not present in the plugin folder. How can I acheive this?

Rob

Hey Mike. Thanks for the note; I’m seeing that file just fine. My guess is you’re looking in the PRO add-on folder’s “admin views” section, rather than the free The Events Calendar? It’d be in the latter.

Let me know if you can’t find it there and I can troubleshoot as needed. Cheers!

Mike
    Participant

Thanks, I was!

However, changing the value in this line:

zoom:

doesn’t seem to make any difference, am I doing something wrong?

It still makes sense to be able to change this on a per venue basis.

Rob

Hey Mike: thanks for confirming. Have you updated to 2.0.4 yet? If so, you won’t even have to dig that deep – it’ll be controlled via a setting under Settings -> The Events Calendar. Let me know if you still have problems from there.

Currently the zoom is tied together on event maps vs venue maps, but I agree that a separate control should be available and have noted this to the team. No guarantees as to when such a feature will make it in but it is on the radar. Let us know if you need anything else here.

Mike
    Participant

Cool, thanks Rob, hadn’t seen that setting there.

Rob

Awesome. Thanks for confirming. Sounds like you’re all set but let me know if not!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Zoom level of Google Map’ is closed to new replies.