WooTickets Usability Test on Thursday: Seeking Participants
We’re looking for a few good men & women to participate in our next usability test, taking place this Thursday, August 16 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Pacific time. Free during that timeframe and interested in helping out? Awesome! We’d love to have you.
Unlike the past two usability rounds, in which we’ve focused on first-time experience using The Events Calendar & Events Calendar PRO, we’re shifting gears to a new product this month: our WooTickets add-on. As such, participants in Thursday’s session will be the first users in the world to get their hands on WooTickets. While the product will of course still be a work-in-progress during the usability test, the base functionality is there and we’re looking to see how users are engaging with it.
In terms of timing, each test should take 30-45 minutes, though we’re budgeting a full hour for each just to be safe. The available slots are as follows:
- 8-9 a.m. PT
- 9-10 a.m. PT
- 10-11 a.m. PT
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. PT
As this usability test is taking place before even the first round of the beta, those who help us out this time around will truly be instrumental in helping fine-tune and make the finished product a better experience for everyone. That, plus we’ll comp you a free license of the add-on once it is released sometime in the fall.
Criteria for participating is simple:
- You should be an adult (over the age of 18).
- You should be English-speaking. If English is not your first language, you should have a strong, clear command of it.
- You’ll need a fast Internet connection. We’ll be running Skype, screensharing and other apps simultaneously…so your network must be able to handle this.
- You should be working in a quiet place, someplace where there isn’t an ambient or otherwise distracting sound.
- You should be interested specifically in WooTickets / event integration with WooCommerce, and be prepared to discuss this briefly as we introduce ourselves at the start of the call.
- You should be familiar with The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO, and at the very least should know how to create an event and find it on the frontend.
If you meet the criteria outlined above and would be interested in participating, shoot us a note. Please provide a bit of background about your experience and why you’re interested in WooTickets, as well as the two timeslots you would prefer for the session (the second gives us a fallback in case your first choice is already booked). We’ll be confirming with those who’ve made the cut later this afternoon and into tomorrow.