Modern Tribe is looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our team.
You will be responsible for crafting robust, beautiful, usable interfaces for the users of our products and our client’s projects. You will play an integral role in connecting and collaborating with strategy, design, and backend to creative a cohesive and organized final experience and enthusiastically own getting to the most optimal solution. You thrive working in a collaborative and engaging environment and love being part of teams and systems that actively seek your experience in helping us grow and improve.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, read on!
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with Sass or PostCSS and BEM) skills
- Experience working with design systems and design system thinking
- Mid to advanced level experience developing WordPress powered sites
- Proficiency at local environment setups, including docker
- Proficiency in version control, namely GIT
- You have experience working in a remote, fast paced, and highly collaborative environment with peers from different backgrounds and skill sets.
- You pay attention to and are passionate about the details.
- You take pride in and value team success.
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you’ve worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
- Experience with React, Vue, or React Native and Web and/or Native App engineering
- Background working on large scale WordPress projects
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience between $40-$60/hour. We are currently looking for freelance contractors or part time employees about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us. Full time roles include a benefits package.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).