Modern Tribe is looking for a talented Product Owner to join our Incubator team. Modern Tribe’s Incubator team works across the LW Family of WP brands, which includes one of the largest Learning Management Systems (LearnDash) and the largest open-source calendaring and events framework (The Events Calendar). We are looking for an experienced product owner to help us improve the user experience for our existing products as well as help us develop new products already in the works.
Our team needs a strategist to support design and dev teams by providing research, goals, and requirements to inform creative ideation on features and presentation of content and technical scope. This role requires an understanding of the product development cycle, how to release and when to release, how to target an MVP, and guide a product roadmap successfully.
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others and helping others – you’ll find a good home here. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
What you’ll do
- Develop User Stories: You understand the business, market, and user needs for our client’s products and are able to produce well-defined user stories.
- Research and definition: You have experience with user research, moderating user and stakeholder interviews, and broad requirements gathering.
- Backlog Grooming and Feature Roadmapping: You are able to facilitate Backlog Grooming meetings and develop product roadmaps.
- Technical or creative: You understand firsthand what goes into executing a digital product. You have a general idea of how complex tasks are and can competently channel the perspective of designers or engineers who may not be present in the conversation.
- Design and engineering work: You understand what makes a great user experience (both the front-end user and the admins/editors). You collaborate with creative and engineering to ensure we do good work. If you approve of the work created by the team, we can assume it’s good work.
- Figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to layout your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Owner ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience performing user and stakeholder research
- Experience Identifying, documenting and translating requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Experienced with WordPress: You have experience working on high-scale WordPress installs and an understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress.
- Demonstrable history of digital product definition
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
- Competency in code – this is not a developer position, but we expect a general understanding of how technology works
- Passion for detail and standards
- Proven ability to conduct user testing
- Experience in interpreting analytics
- UX & IA Skills – wireframing tools, site mapping tools (i.e. Figma + Miro)
- UX strategy processes i.e. affinity mapping, user research, user journey mapping, etc.
- Bonus Points: Demonstrable history of designing and shipping products for web and mobile
- Bonus Points: Proven leading skills, including working with remote team members.
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This role is part-time 15-20 hours per week. Pay range is commensurate with background, qualifications and experience between $60-$70/hour.
We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us and we have a benefits package for full time employees.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).