The Product Strategist’s primary role is to work with our clients to help focus business objectives, develop and interpret project goals, and translate them into executable plans for our teams.
This requires a broad understanding of business strategy, software/website development, user experience, technology, how it can be used to accomplish objectives, and how that technology will intersect with individuals inside and outside of an organization. The Product Strategist is one of our primary intersections with our clients – you are one of the faces of our projects.
The Product Strategist supports design and dev teams by providing research, goals and requirements to inform creative ideation on features and presentation of content and technical scope. This role requires an understanding of the product development cycle, how to release and when to release, how to target an MVP and guide a product roadmap successfully.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Strategist ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience performing user and stakeholder research
- Experience Identifying, documenting and translating requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Experience owning the customer relationship through the project lifecycle and setting expectations.
- Deep WordPress experience
- Experience in interpreting analytics
- UX & IA Skills – wireframing tools, site mapping tools
- UX strategy processes i.e. affinity mapping, user research, user journey mapping, etc.
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience between $50-$70/hour. We are currently looking for freelance contractors or part time employees about 20-25 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us. Full time roles include a benefits package.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).