Modern Tribe is looking for a talented and experienced digital project manager to work with our team. We’re a WordPress agency so running some projects with the platform or experience with WordPress is ideal.
If you are drawn to order like a moth to a flame, and you like maintaining lists and seeing team members make progress because you set them up to succeed, and you are skilled in agile, waterfall and whatever-suits-the-project techniques, then we should talk.
To be transparent, this is NOT a Digital Producer role. We have Product Owners that you will be working with as well as UX team members.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working as a PM, ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience with agile and waterfall management styles
- Experience producing large CMS powered websites
- Experience with WordPress
- A whiz when it comes to online collaboration tools. You feel at home when we talk about Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Docs, Dropbox, Jira, TeamGantt or any number of online PM tools
- Experience managing projects with budgets of at least $100k ($250k preferred)
- Understanding the lifecycle of digital projects
- Experience translating requirements into executable plans that adhere to both timeline and budget.
- Able to build, spec, and maintain a backlog
- Experience leading teams
- Working understanding of digital technologies (web and mobile)
- Deep and profound love for spreadsheets and documentation
- Comfort presenting and leading enterprise stakeholders
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- Experience with enterprise level web development projects
- Design Experience– UX, visual, or brand
- Business Analyst (gathering and documenting requirements) and/or UI/UX Wireframing experience.
- Experience with enterprise level web development and ecommerce projects
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is commensurate with qualifications and experience between $50-$60/hour. We are currently looking for freelance contractors or part time employees about 20 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us. Full time roles include a benefits package.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).