Add New API Function to Get Venue Website URL?

Home Forums Calendar Products Add New API Function to Get Venue Website URL?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fervorcreative
    Participant

Can we get a tribe_get_venue_website_url() function added as a template tag or API function?

Here’s what exists now:

tribe_get_event_website_url()
    tribe_get_event_website_link()
    tribe_get_venue_website_link()
    tribe_get_organizer_website_url()
    tribe_get_organizer_website_link()

You’ll see tribe_get_venue_website_url() doesn’t [yet] exist.

There are public API functions for getting a Website/Link for Events and Organizers, but there’s only a function for getting a Venue’s website HTML link, not just the URL.

These functions can be found in the following directory: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/public/template-tags.

For now, I’m just using the following function to get the value directly: get_post_meta( $post->ID, '_VenueURL', true );

Barry

That definitely sounds like a valid request: I’ll get it logged and though I can’t guarantee anything hopefully we’ll be able to roll it into a future update. Thanks for the suggestion!

Barry

This thread’s not seen much activity for the last couple of weeks so I’ll go ahead and close it. Of course if you still need help with this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to create a new thread (or threads) and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we plan to work on it for a future maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that this feature will be included in our upcoming release! We are putting the finishing touches on The Events Calendar 4.1 and are excited to make it available. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

Thank you for supporting this feature and for your patience while we added it to the plugin.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add New API Function to Get Venue Website URL?’ is closed to new replies.