Bug: Removing custom field

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug: Removing custom field

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

I added a custom field and tried to remove it, but nothing happens.
    It’s exact as described here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/deleting-custom-fields/

In my humble opinion this is a bug.
    Can you provide a bugfix, please?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Oliver
    Participant

In the wp_options table I found the following:
    […]
    {i:0;s:2:”DE”;i:1;s:11:”Deutschland”;}s:18:”eventsDefaultPhone”;s:0:””;s:20:”tribeEventsCountries”;s:0:””;s:13:”custom-fields”;a:2:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:”name”;s:13:”_ecp_custom_1″;s:5:”label”;s:64:”Rechteinhaber / Name des Fotografen (bei Foto-Upload anzugeben!)”;s:4:”type”;s:4:”text”;s:6:”values”;s:0:””;}i:1;a:4:{s:4:”name”;s:13:”_ecp_custom_2″;s:5:”label”;s:68:”E-Mail Adresse für Rückfragen (Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht)”;s:4:”type”;s:4:”text”;s:6:”values”;s:0:””;}}s:28:”organizer_venue_amalgamation”;i:1;}

Which part exactly do I have to take out to remove the custom field “_ecp_custom_2”?

Oliver
    Participant

Hi guys!

can you provide a fix for the issue or give me a hint, what data I have to remove in the DB?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Barry

Hi Oliver,

As in the other thread you referenced I am unable to replicate this issue – I can remove additional fields without any issue.

When you opened this thread you noted that you had tried deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve: can you confirm what if any impact this had? Could I also ask you to follow up with the information from your Events → Help admin screen?

Thanks!

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Barry,

that’s interesting that it’s not reproducible on your site.
    When I deactivated all plugins an reverting to default, I couldn’t see any difference to now.

When I Look at the source code of the website I see an a href which points to nowhere (#remove-field), therefore it can’t work:
    Entfernen
    From my point of view, the link is wrong.

Can it be related to the translation into german? (just a poor guess).

Best regards,
    Oliver

PS: On the Events -> Admin page I found the following (I just post a part of it – I hope this is the part you expect):

custom-fields =
    Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [name] => _ecp_custom_1
    [label] => Rechteinhaber
    [type] => text
    [values] =>
    )

[1] => Array
    (
    [name] => _ecp_custom_2
    [label] => E-Mail Adresse für Rückfragen (Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht)
    [type] => text
    [values] =>
    )

)

Barry

Can it be related to the translation into german? (just a poor guess).

An excellent guess. On setting the language in my test installation to de_DE I was able to replicate this. Please bear with us a little longer – now we can see the issue troubleshooting should be easier 🙂

Oliver
    Participant

Ok, great to hear! 🙂
    I hope to hear soon from you!
    btw: a lot of the german translations are wrong or missing. I corrected and translated them. Are you interested in using these translation files for the next releases?

Barry

We would be delighted if you were able to help with the German translation: we actually just set up a new forum to streamline the process of submitting corrections, etc:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/contribute/translation/

Oliver
    Participant

Ok, I will contribute the translations there!

Meanwhile I decided to reinstall the Events Calendar from scratch to have a clean setup.
    Unfortunately events, options, configurations, etc. stay in the mySQL-database.
    How can the Events Calendar removed completely? Do you have maybe a MySQL-Statement to drop the related rows/data?

Barry

Hi Oliver,

If you’re comfortable editing code please try patching Events Calendar PRO by following the “instructions outlined here (and we should have a substantive fix in place in the next release, so updating shouldn’t be a problem – if it doesn’t quite make the next release though you can just follow these steps a second time).

On a related note, perhaps we could ask for your help: there is a problem with the German translation insofar as the following string – which should be displayed in a browser dialog whenever you try to remove a field – contains HTML in its German form:

Are you sure you wish to remove this field and its data from all events? Once you click OK this cannot be undone.

It should be plain text only, however, so if you were able to correct it (I’m wary of simply removing the emphasis elements myself in case it should change the meaning of the text at some subtle level) and post the corrected text over on our translation forum that would be awesome 🙂

How can the Events Calendar removed completely? Do you have maybe a MySQL-Statement to drop the related rows/data?

I’m afraid we don’t have any pre-crafted snippets to do this that I am aware of – but essentially all of our event-related post types are prefixed with tribe and I believe so are all related option table entries, if that helps.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I found a simple workaround for the problem!
    I installed the Plugin “qtranslate” and changed the language in the backend of WordPress to english. And – voila – I was was able to remove the custom field 🙂

I hope this solution helps others, too.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Barry

Excellent, I’m glad that works for you – and, of course, we hope to roll out a substantive fix as quickly as we reasonably can.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Removing custom field’ is closed to new replies.