Calendar Widget no longer scrolls through months

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Widget no longer scrolls through months

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey,
    Since the last update the front-end calendar widget no longer scrolls through the months. No other changes have been made to the site. I have a dev version with the previous version which works fine, but the live site – which is identical except the events plugin has been updated to the latest version – doesn’t work.

Casey
    Participant

jocwebsites,
    Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Can you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme to see if this issue persists? I suspect that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Yeah – the default theme does have the widget work – though the theme hasn’t changed from the dev version form the live. Can you point me to what’s changed in the update that might be conflicting?

Also – I was told a while ago that a upcoming update would be updating the calendar widget to work like the demo one does, where you click an event and are brought to it instead of loading event info below it, do you know if that’s still in the works?
    Cheers,
    Dan

Casey
    Participant

Dan,
    One thing I’m noticing is that your site is still using the default permalinks. Try changing your WordPress permalink settings to anything but the default and see if that helps. Could you also give me a link to your Calendar page? I wasn’t able to find it on your site. Thanks!

jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Ah, that would make sense, and would make sense that it works on the dev site as I have permalinks and mod-rewrite enabled. I wasn’t the one who set it up after the package was delivered but it looks like they disabled permalinks. I’ve logged in and re-enabled them but the pages are 404’ing so they don’t have rewrite setup.

I’ve emailed them and asked they have their server guys enabled it, and once that’s up I’ll double check, but i’m 99% that’s the issue. I’ll close the ticket once I’ve confirmed. Thanks for the help – it’s always the simple things.

Cheers,
    Dan

Casey
    Participant

Ok, just let me know when you have more information. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey Casey,

We got rewrite up and running and permalinks active – unfortunately that didn’t fix the issue. Any ideas?

Casey
    Participant

Can you try deactivating all other plugins to see if that resolves the issue? If so, then try reactivating them one-by-one to determine if another plugin is the culprit. Give that a try and let me know what you discover.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, then I think we’ve just about got it narrowed down to server performance issues and we can investigate further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Hey Casey,

Went ahead and deactivated everything and it still didn’t work, so it’s not related to any of the other plugins. As mentioned earlier it does work with the default WP theme activated – so I thought maybe there’s some conflict between the theme and the new version (the dev site which is identical except has the previous version of the plugin works fine) – but I’m having trouble narrowing it down – so maybe it is a performance issue? The server they’re using (hosted via amazon) does run substantially slower in general than the servers I run, and I have no idea how it’s setup as I don’t manage it – but I’d like to see if we can confirm that before I report to them that theres an issue with the server.

Any insight you may be able to give would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dan

Casey
    Participant

Dan,
    Can you disable the site login so I can continue to investigate the issue? Or if you’d prefer, just send me a private reply with a login. Thanks!

jocwebsites
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Dan,
    After logging into your site, I noticed that your version of TEC is out of date (screenshot). Could you try updating and let me know if that fixes the issue? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jocwebsites
    Participant

Hey Casey,

That’s odd. Did that update just come out? I know I wasn’t showing an update for it yesterday.

Anyway, I tried updating and got the following:
    Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.3.4.1.zip…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Removing the old version of the plugin…

Could not remove the old plugin.
    Plugin update failed.

Updated another plugin just now – went through fine.

Cheers,
    Dan

jocwebsites
    Participant

If I completely remove the plugin and install it again – will any settings, etc be lost?

Casey
    Participant

Dan,
    No data should be lost when removing the plugin, however I would still recommend doing a full database backup just in case the reinstall process goes awry. Hope that helps! Just let me know if you’re able to get the plugin updated, and if that resolves the main issue you were having.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget no longer scrolls through months’ is closed to new replies.