Category Feed Lost After Viewing Single Event & Going Back To Category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category Feed Lost After Viewing Single Event & Going Back To Category

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Scott Stadler
    Participant

Have several different Events categories setup on our site. When viewing a category feed (in List mode), and then clicking on a single event to view the full details page for that event, and finally clicking the “Back button,” a visitor logically assumes that they’ll be returned to the specific category feed that they started with before viewing the single event detail page.

But instead, here’s what happens when clicking “back” from an events page:

1) The page category page starts off as should be with the title “Upcoming Events >> Specific Category”

2) Immediately, the page category feed lightens for a second and the circular “thinking wheel” displays for a moment.

3) The list view then shows the full list that includes items from all categories. The Title changes to only “Upcoming Events” (and no longer includes the ” >> Specific Category ” suffix.

4) The URL still shows the category feed path and not the full Events list path.

Again, the problem is that the visitor loses their place and is returned to the full events list when they are expecting to only go back to the category list of events they were viewing.

I should also add that the same thing happens when viewing the monthly calendar view for a category, clicking on an event, and then clicking back. Goes back to full month events listings and not to the category started with.

Any ideas?

Leah

Hi James,

Thanks for posting, and for providing so much great detail. That really helps us to troubleshoot issues. A member of our support team will be checking in here as soon as possible to look into this, and to give you a more substantial reply. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Leah

Barry

Hi! Looks like a bug. It may be we have to wait until an upcoming maintenance release to get this one resolved but if we can provide some sort of workaround in the interim we’ll definitely drop it in here.

Thanks – and apologies for the inconvenience 🙂

hansford77
    Participant

I have this exact problem too so just subbing for any answers.

Barry

No problem!

I just checked in and this is still being progressed (and so it may be we need to wait for it to be resolved in a future maintenance release) but we’ll definitely keep you posted either way.

enollo
    Participant

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate a custom taxonomy with TEC and had noticed this issue. Thought it was just another hoop to jump through and fixed it before I even realized there was a bug. I’ve put together a quick snippet for you to paste into your functions.php file or a custom plugin.

https://gist.github.com/tamarazuk/7004172

Do let me know if it works 🙂

Barry

Thanks for sharing 🙂

enollo
    Participant

Hi all,

I was reviewing my code and noticed something else I added that you might need. I’ve updated the gist to include this extra snippet.

https://gist.github.com/tamarazuk/7004172

Basically it just makes sure that the data attribute the plugin’s js files are looking for is not cleared which I think is a source of the bug.

Barry

Excellent – I made a note for the developer assigned to this bug report to take a quick look as it could definitely be useful from our end and, of course, for other customers who are affected by this issue.

One note we wanted to pass back was that in certain browsers some implementations of replacestate (which we are relying upon here) are in a state of flux – and that at least in part has led to this issue rearing its head for users of those browsers.

We’ll continue progressing things on our end though and hopefully we’ll get a solid fix out there soon. For the time being I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Feed Lost After Viewing Single Event & Going Back To Category’ is closed to new replies.