Change "Organizer" to "Contact" and "Venue" to "Location"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change "Organizer" to "Contact" and "Venue" to "Location"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Dolenc
    Participant

What would be the best way to change text “Organizer” to “Contact” and “Venue” to “Location” on the event page?
    Also, is there a way to apply these two changes globally so that the two words would also be replaced everywhere on the Dashboard?
    Thank you!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi koledarcek,

The easiest way to do this is via a filter like so:

function filter_translations($translation, $text, $domain) {
    if ($domain == 'tribe-events-calendar') {
    switch ($text) {
    case 'Venue':
    $translation = 'Place';
    break;
    }
    }

return $translation;
    }
    add_filter('gettext', 'filter_translations', 10, 3);

With this approach you need to do each string individually. The alternative to this would be to edit the english translation files and change all the values to what you want them to be. Aside from that, any other approach is going to be even more hacky. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

– Jonah

David Dolenc
    Participant

Thank you! It works great.
    Is there a similar way to change the two words in the Dashboard? I’m assuming that this might not be worth doing unless there is a way to change a name globally.

Jonah
    Participant

You’re welcome. Unfortunately there is no global way to do it, so you’d need to track down every instance. The global find feature in Sublime Text 2 can make this process a little easier. Hopefully what I provided you will give you an idea of what else needs to be done.

– Jonah

Arlene Welcher
    Participant

Thanks for this info… I’m looking to make a similar change. Could you please clarify for me, in what file should I include the filter?
    Thanks.

Arlene Welcher
    Participant

I got it working in my theme functions.php file, but wonder if there is a better place.

Rob

Functions.php is indeed the appropriate location, given our current architecture. Thanks for confirming!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Change "Organizer" to "Contact" and "Venue" to "Location"’ is closed to new replies.