Disable event popups in calendar view without just hiding via CSS?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable event popups in calendar view without just hiding via CSS?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I saw someone else had asked about this last month, but the solution they found was to simply hide the popup via CSS. Is this the best solution, or is there another means of disabling/turning off the event popups from appearing when you hover over an event in the calendar?

Barry

Hi lifeincorona,

It depends what you’re comfortable with. Personally I would advise overriding and customizing the month/single-event.php template (see our Themer’s Guide for an overview of this process – link over on the right under Useful Resources) and simply removing the tooltip markup, which is identifiable as the section beginning:

<div id="tribe-events-tooltip-<?php echo $event_id; ?>" class="tribe-events-tooltip">

Not everyone is familiar or comfortable with templates containing HTML and PHP though which is why we sometimes propose alternative solutions. Does that help/clarify things at all?

Mike
    Participant

That worked Barry, thank you!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, Mike! 🙂

whollymackerel
    Participant

Hi, I tried this with TEC v3.6.1. I recognize that this has been converted to JSON. In my single-event.php, I commented out the “echo tribe_events_template_data( $post );” line. That did the trick, the tooltip no longer appears. However, every time I over over an event, it triggers a JS error which is affecting the other JS I have on my site. Is there a way to prevent this?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable event popups in calendar view without just hiding via CSS?’ is closed to new replies.