Doing Dutch translations

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Doing Dutch translations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Westenberg, D

Hi guys,

For our upcoming website we developed a keen interest in a couple Modern Tribe products. Starting with The Events Calendar we noticed that the Dutch translation was incomplete and a little off in some places.
    I downloaded the .mo and .po files and chose update from .POT. Now I’m done and saved them. What do I do now? And can some of it be transferred to PRO so I don’t have to do everything twice?

Greetings!

Westenberg, D

Leah

Hi Westenberg, D,

Thanks for working on the Dutch translation! It’ll be great to have an updated translation. You can upload the translated .po and .mo files and share a link here. I’ll test them out so we can add them to the plugin.

Events Calendar PRO is actually an add-on plugin, so there won’t be duplicated strings in the translation file- only the ones that are additional for PRO. You shouldn’t need to repeat anything, since the translation file for The Events Calendar would be used alongside the PRO translation. You can download the PRO .po file from the Getting Started post. Just make sure you update it with the latest .pot just like you did with the core one.

Thanks so much for contributing! We’ll provide you with a coupon code for a free PRO license once you’re done.

Best,

Leah

Westenberg, D

Hi!

These are de dutch for the non-PRO. Thank you for the info, I’ll download the PRO translation to edit it.

You can download the translations here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B701rDQV4w0ISi16T042cE9Sc0E&authuser=0
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B701rDQV4w0IMXVuQ2JUOEt5RVU&authuser=0

Greetings Dirk

Leah

Great, thank you! Once you are done with the PRO translations I will test them all together.

Thanks,

Leah

Westenberg, D
    Westenberg, D

Hi Leah,

I was wondering how far in the progress you are with the Dutch translation. We bought the license for wootickets and we’re looking forward to combine it with some of the PRO features.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you,

Dirk

Leah

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Welmoed

Hi all,

thanks for updating the Dutch translation and sharing the files!
    I removed the old language files via ftp and put the new ones in there.
    Now how do I get the plugin to use the Dutch language files and not the default english ones? Where do I change settings/code for this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Welmoed

Leah

Hi Welmoed,

We have a tutorial here to help you change the language on your site 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Doing Dutch translations’ is closed to new replies.