Duplicate event after update – solution?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Duplicate event after update – solution?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alicia
    Participant

Ever since upgrading to 3.5.1, like some other users, we are seeing duplicate events (2 of each) on our month calendar view which is the view our users prefer. As you can imagine, this is pretty tacky. Like another forum user said, the 2nd event actually links to the same url as the first so we can not delete the duplicate event. Also, we can not go through the events and delete them and recreate them one by one as I’ve seen suggested in other posts. We have 1,200 active events on our calendar (2,400+ with the duplicates) and can’t manually remove duplicates. What can we do to resolve this quickly? The calendar I am referring to is atlantafamilycalendar.com/events.

Daniella
    Participant

Yes, please tell us what we can do to resolve this…
    link: http://kidoinfo.com/ri/events/month/
    Thank you.

Barry

Hi Alicia – there certainly seem to be duplicates in month view but I wonder if that isn’t just a side effect of the fact that they are both recurring and multiday.

For instance, you have an event running from April 1 – April 10 and so it will appear on each of those 10 days in the calendar. The same event is set to recur daily until April 24. With that in mind, you are going to see a lot of them, ie in month view you will see:

• 1 instance on April 1
    • 2 instances on April 2
    • 3 instances on April 3
    • 10 instances on April 10 and every day from then until April 24
    • April 25 onward they will decrease again, by 1 instance per day

Is this the problem you are referring to? If so I’m not sure it is quite the same upgrade issue others have been caught by (and of course if that’s all intentional and the issue is something else please let me know and provide an example).

To deal with the above issue though you should be able to edit all events in the series and simply adjust the start and end dates so that each instance spans only one day.

Let me know!

(Daniella – if your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!)

Daniella
    Participant

I think it’s the same issue if you look at the link. The dates are set to span 1 day, like story time on April 3rd, and set to recurring every week for 52 weeks. In month view that event is showing multiple times. I can start a new thread if you would like.
    Thank you.

B.
    Participant

Just a note in case it’s helpful. We saw the same issue with recurring events on a fresh install of 3.5.1 (we had v.1.3.3, but just deactivated it and installed this fresh). So we didn’t update a v.3.x to 3.5.1.

It seemed to occur on test events that were set to recur weekly, not monthly, if that makes any difference. But we didn’t keep testing it after that. These were single-day events (not spanning multiple days).

Barry

I’m not sure it is, Daniella – but do you mean Story Time for Babies and Toddlers or a different story time? If you could create a new thread though that would certainly be appreciated. I’m also seeing another strange effect when I hover over events in month view: I wonder if when you post the new thread you could also share a download link so we could take a look at your theme, just in case there is something we might be able to do differently there?

Thanks!

Alicia: did my first reply make sense from your perspective?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate event after update – solution?’ is closed to new replies.