error in guestbook after update from 3.4 to 3.5.1 of the events calender pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO error in guestbook after update from 3.4 to 3.5.1 of the events calender pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrisgeist
    Participant

i have a bug in our guestbook now which is probably caused by the events calener pro plugin. see: http://www.paragliding-academy.com/service/gaestebuch/

————————–
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for TribeEventsRecurrenceMeta::set_comments_array_on_child_events() in/www/htdocs/w0099592/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-events-recurrence-meta.class.php on line 337
    ——————

thanks for your help,

chris

Barry

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the difficulties.

So far as I can tell in a regular installation that function will never be called with just one parameter (which is what seems to be happening in your case). I wonder if your theme or another plugin might be doing this inadvertently?

I see you already tried deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default theme – can you confirm what if any effect that had on this issue?

Additionally, though it certainly won’t solve the basic problem, do remember that it is a best practice not to display error messages on a live site (and depending on how things are configured for you you may need to seek advice from your host on disabling that).

chrisgeist
    Participant

hi barry
    thanks for the help. i tried different users (logins) and its still the same. “missing argument…” error in guestbook.

it would be fantastic if u could fix it. i think its in the code, because it didn´t appear in the previous version.

thanks a lot for the update to 3.5.2 it fixed the visual bug in the month view.

you would be my hero if u oould fix that guestbook thing also. i disabled and enabled the cache plugin. still the same error.

cheers,

chris

Barry

thanks for the help. i tried different users (logins) and its still the same. “missing argument…” error in guestbook.

OK, what I really meant though was not logging in via different user accounts but deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default and unmodified theme (like Twenty Thirteen) – then checking to see if the same error appeared.

Is that possible here? Have you already tried this – what were the results if so?

chrisgeist
    Participant

yes i deactivated some plugins but not all… to many. i switched to other themes and still the error. switched back now to 3.4.1 which works good now. anyway its ashame that i can´t update.

cheers

chris

Barry

That is a shame. If you want to keep troubleshooting though let us know … but unfortunately there’s not much we can do if we cant first rule out the possibility of a conflict with another plugin/a theme.

Alternatively you could set up a test installation and run through this process there, but in reverse order: start with only our plugins, confirm there is no problem, and then start adding all of the plugins you have on your live site (and also, ultimately, your theme) – and test each time you add something to see if the problem has returned.

I’m not sure if that’s something you want to run through right now – but I’ll leave this thread open for a few days in case you do before closing it (and of course you can always open a new thread in the future).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘error in guestbook after update from 3.4 to 3.5.1 of the events calender pro’ is closed to new replies.