Event Defaults

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Defaults

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Denise Crosbie
    Participant

I went into Event settings – the default tab and have set City, Province & Country defaults. But when I create a new event/venue it is not using my default, I have to retype City, Province & Country every time.

Also – when I create an event I have to click “Show Google Map” & “Show Google Map Link” for every event I create. Is there a way to make these be selected by default?

Susan
    Participant

I too am having this problem with defaults not sticking. Thanks.

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Solved – In the defaults area – there is a checkbox at the very top that you have to check to tell it to actually use the defaults you entered. haha, tricky.

Anyhow – still wanting to make “Show Google Map” & “Show Google Map Link” clicked by default, can’t find a setting for this.

Barry

I don’t believe there is currently a setting to allow you to set the show map/map link checkboxes to a default value – but it’s a great idea which I’ll log so the team can consider adding it in a future release 🙂

Susan: does manitobathunder’s reply help you/do you need any further help on this one?

Susan
    Participant

Yes, thanks! Didn’t even notice that tiny box. 🙂

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

As for the google maps default to checked, I just modified the following core plugin file: plugins/the-event-calendar/admin-views/events-meta-box.php – changed to default checked google maps inputs – id=”EventShowMapLink” & id=”EventShowMap”.

Barry

Great – for anyone else reading this though please be aware that modifications to core plugin code are likely to be wiped upon updating.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Defaults’ is closed to new replies.