Standard Page Template – Events Calendar and Genesis

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Standard Page Template – Events Calendar and Genesis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    twentwatchers
    Participant

The “Standard Page Template” does not use the Standard Template from my theme.

What I find extremely frustrating is that there’s additional wrappers around the page content. Even when creating a custom single-event.php I still get additional wrappers within my #content (which are not in the single-event.php) breaking a lot of styling in my theme regarding the #content and if it’s not breaking it; it’s giving me a load more to cater for.

Is there ANY way to get it to use the default? IE: not having #tribe-events-pg-template but using the normal stuff that I get from genesis?

Is it possible to make the events (single page) use the actual default page template, and not one with additional wrappers etc.? (#tribe-events-pg-template etc.)

MY WISH: I would REALLY love to use my default Genesis page template and add the event information with hooks.

twentwatchers
    Participant

Really; a simple page template without any event calendar elements would be fine, as long as the data is available I’m willing to use the genesis hooks to add the information my self.

Rob

Hey, twentwatchers: I apologize that this one slipped through the cracks on our end. While it’s a bit outside my technical area of expertise, know that it’s on the radar now and I’ve got someone on deck to take a look and reply shortly. I’m sorry for the inconvenience in the interim.

Barry

Hi twentwatchers,

We’d love to help with this as we appreciate that Genesis is a popular theme – but please understand it is also just one of many we need to support and I’m going to have to ask a few more questions to get a better handle on this.

The “Standard Page Template” does not use the Standard Template from my theme.

If I visit Events > Settings > Display and change the setting to Default Page Template then, using just Genesis and no child theme, the output is basically the same for event pages as for any other page (where the template is also set to Default Template) – I do see that the .page-template-default body class is missing and that may have ramifications in some child themes for overall styling.

Beyond that though is there anything else “missing” in this setup?

Is there ANY way to get it to use the default? IE: not having #tribe-events-pg-template but using the normal stuff that I get from genesis?

As far as I understand things that is in use only if you are using the Default Events Template – so options here include changing this to the Default Page Template (as above) or else overriding it and customizing it – see our Themer’s Guide for an overview of this.

Also – and I could be wrong as I haven’t done a huge amount of work with Genesis, but – theoretically I don’t see why you couldn’t override The Events Calendar’s default-template.php and replace it with a something close in concept to Genesis’s default page-archive.php template, where a set of actions/filters are used to implement any tweaks that might be required followed by a single genesis() call to build the template itself.

Wouldn’t that pretty much meet want you laid out here?:

MY WISH: I would REALLY love to use my default Genesis page template and add the event information with hooks.

Do let me know if that’s way off-beam and we can take another look.

Thanks for your patience – and your support 🙂

twentwatchers
    Participant

Thank you for your reply; my problem is not solved yet however.
    I suggest focussing on Surbma’s thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/default-page-template-is-broken-with-genesis-themes

His issues are my issues.

Barry

Hi twentwatchers, that thread has now been closed as I’m sure you are aware. We’ve obviously let you down here but per Rob’s comments in this thread if you want to take these issues up again please communicate with Rob by email, or else create new threads for individual, specific issues.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Standard Page Template – Events Calendar and Genesis’ is closed to new replies.