Fields Not Updating

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fields Not Updating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

I noticed the other day that I was getting the “Function split() is deprecated” errors on my admin page and grid view. I turned off the display of errors based a similar topic.

Now I’m having issues creating new events. The Date, Time, Event Location Details, Event Organizer Details, etc. are not updating correctly. Every time I “update”, the information are erased from the fields and the Event Date is refreshed to the current date. Any thoughts?

Graham Stacey
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue…
    Any news on this issue?

Graham Stacey
    Participant

Ok, I think I have narrowed mine down to a clash with the plugin Types – Complete Solution for Custom Fields and Types by ICanLocalize

When adding a new event, or editing an existing event none of the Event custom fields are saved. Deactivate Types and it works as expected. I have not tested whether Types is functioning normally with Events Calendar installed. Although I cannot be sure I think this only occurred after the recent update to Types.

I have set up a test site which I have stripped down to the two offending plugins.
    This is at testing.oandb.info
    A login with admin rights is ‘test account’
    password ‘clashreport’

I have reported this to Types developers too. I wonder what you think?

Chris Booth
    Participant

Hi Graham,
    I’m also experiencing what appears to be the same problem – I can’t update custom fields in events. I have disabled all plugins except TEC and TEC Pro and reverted to Twenty Twelve theme. I can update the events fields, but when I activate Types, the updates are no longer saved.
    (Thanks for setting up the test site – I was about to do the same!)
    – Chris

Jason
    Participant

I have Types by ICanLocalize activated as well. Looks like that’s the culprit.

Graham – Thanks for finding out the problem.

Barry

Sounds like you folks are all sorted here, but let me know if you need further support on this one.

Graham Stacey
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Not sure we are sorted! Have identified the problem – but not sure who is up for finding the conflict. Types support have pushed it to their developers, but no word from them yet.
    We’ll just hang around here too waiting for a clearing in the fog!!

Chris Booth
    Participant

No, we’re not sorted – my site needs the functionality of both plugins, and at present they do not work together.
    It would be great if you folks could liaise with the people at Types and see if you can collectively come up with a solution.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Barry

Sorry folks, misinterpreted things there – I thought you’d found the conflict and perhaps chosen different plugins to workaround it.

Let me check in to this. Generally speaking we are pretty limited in what we can do where conflicts like this arise, but I’ll certainly take a peek and discuss it with the team 🙂

Daniella
    Participant

I also need the functionality of both plugins!

Barry

OK, well we’ll certainly reach out to the author/team behind that plugin and see if there is any interest in working through this. I’ll post any updates here 🙂

Graham: did you hear anything back from Types’ developers? If so please do feel free to post an update.

Daniella
    Participant

That would be wonderful. You both have great support. Thank you.

Chris Booth
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I appreciate that. Keep us posted!
    I have reverted to the previous version of Types in the meantime, as that doesn’t seem to cause the conflict.

Graham Stacey
    Participant

I can also confirm that previous version of Types is working – thankfully

Chris Booth
    Participant

New version of the Types plugin (v 1.2.1) has been released today, and it includes a fix for this bug. I have installed the update and I’m happy to say it is working once more with Events Calendar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Fields Not Updating’ is closed to new replies.